• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needle Charge Pivot

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This is just a need little trick inspired by Ninjalinks findings for Lucario.

*go to the Lucario boards if you want to read about it >.>*

Now, how does a Lucario technique affect Sheik?

Step 1. Dash

Step 2. Charge Needle

Step 3. Quickly Sheild Cancel the Needle Charge.

Affect 1. Most momentum, if not all is lost.

Step 4. Use ANY MOVE. Tilt, Smash, Special, doesn't matter!

Reasons to do this:

It's sexy.
It's quick (if you do it right (you should barely notice the needle cancel)
It stops momentum (I see mindgames for usmash (will you needle cancel it? Will you just run and usmash, or will you DACUS? WHO KNOWS! xD)
It's great for quickly using tilts out of a dash, and this is much easier then true pivoting the tilts.

Figured since it was basically just discovered with Lucario, it would be knew for Sheik... and if its not, I haven't seen anything about this at all recently, so figured it would be nice to bring it out there :)

Villi

Smash Lord
I think Sheik abandoned needle dashing or whatever they called it in favor of shield dashing. It doesn't seem much faster if at all faster than a shield dash which should take 9 frames total before you can act, plus you get the benefit of shielding and sliding a little bit.

Edit: Actually, the needle charge cancel is definitely a little faster.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Definitely known, theres been a couple threads about it

It is faster and can be used to tech chase and stuff. I dunno about others but i don't use this much... i can definitely see it being useful though...

I didn't really start using reverse areal needle cancel till i saw gimpy doing it ._. maybe we should get gimpy to start doing this.

Top Bottom