• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

needle canceling and needle grabbing

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
im still kinda confused on how to needle cancel. is it when u use the actual release of the needles to cancel the lag of a jump. does it only work when u have fully charged needles, or can u just tap b and it will still cancel? sorry if this is confusing, because im rather confused myself. and is needle grabbing when u just shoot ure needles and then run and grab them, and if so, do u have to l - cancel ure needles if u do it from the air, to be able to run and grab them in time? any advice would be great.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Needle canceling is when you press L or R while charging needles.Im pretty sure you have to be holding the B button when you press L or R.

You can also cancel the lag of jumps by releasing needles at the right time before you hit the ground.It's when you hit the ground you have to be releasing the last needle of the ones you stored.

This is where the grabs come in.You use needles to hold your opponent in place,the lag is canceled off the landing and you can grab pretty much straight away while they are still stunned.

You don't have to have fully charged needles for this to work.You just need to release as many as you have at the right time.

Hope I helped.

Hope I helped.

Top Bottom