• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

needle cancel to edge hug

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
sup guys I don't main sheik but she is one of my secondaries.

The title pretty much speaks for itself.

While running to the edge about the same time you would hit b to drop off the ledge while charging needles simply cancel them to automatically grab the edge. The momentum will pull you so that you automatically grab it.

Anyway it looks cool and is effective

I've read the guides and didn't see anyone talk about it so here you go guys.

You can call it "kadaj hugging" lol I'm kidding that's the worst name ever :laugh:

Just call it what the title of the thread is. Hope I've helped add to shiek's bag of tricks :)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
But in that little time you don't even store one needle (well, maybe one needle), so why not just drop and grab?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
sup guys I don't main sheik but she is one of my secondaries.

The title pretty much speaks for itself.

While running to the edge about the same time you would hit b to drop off the ledge while charging needles simply cancel them to automatically grab the edge. The momentum will pull you so that you automatically grab it.

Anyway it looks cool and is effective

I've read the guides and didn't see anyone talk about it so here you go guys.

You can call it "kadaj hugging" lol I'm kidding that's the worst name ever :laugh:

Just call it what the title of the thread is. Hope I've helped add to shiek's bag of tricks :)
I'm afraid I don't see the use of this tech.

With all honestly it sounds more difficult then the traditional means of edgehoging and that it’s just as fast while at the same time look identical to the normal style until the very end so it can’t even be used for mind games.

Prove me wrong and I'll happily say it's useful.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol at least you charge one needle :)

Your right tristan it isn't outstandably useful its just as simple as an edge guard but at the same time say you want to run off stage while charing needles to afterwards attack an enemy but soon realize your gonna get hit? Why not just cancel and grab the edge.

And its not that hard to do its easier than vanish gliding and more useful than the chain jacket :laugh:

Anyway its just a little something on the more technical side, not as technical as what gimpyfish was doing. But it falls along the same grounds

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have to come in here to make note of an inaccuracy.. you do not charge any needles. Pay no attention to the sound, as it is not accurate.

jopez4u

Smash Apprentice
already known. no use other than being a tiny bit flashy.

love, the great leon

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol it's useless, that's why it's not there.

I'm in a good mood, though, so if you realllyyy want I can credit you for this useless information and put it in the guide.

demodemo

Smash Ace
hmm, this gave me an idea

is it possible to do the forward momentum needle charge at one of the side platforms of battlefield and make it b reversal, cancel it early enough, so you end at the edge? i cant b reversal / needle momentum thing consistently enough to try it..

edit- wat, thought this through, what the hell was i thinking, disregard the above, ***** were sucked, etc.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
superflous tech wont magically make you good.

lol demodemo. you could just walk off chain edgehog if you were in some situation where a quick edgehog was called for. ***** were sucked rofl.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
yeah i dont think its anything really new if its a tech used from melee that isnt even needed to do now with the auto grab. And like Great Lion said you could do even better by running off further and using the chain to cancel into a bair or something (if u need more range or that slight stutter).

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
If you're fast enough you can shoot the needle (horizontally) before the edge hug occurs. There, I made this useful. Where's my cookie?

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
but why would you throw a needle in the opposite direction of an off stage opponent who is about the get edgehogged? im just saying that with brawls release theres been too much effort in "developing the metagame" which turns out to be nothing. remember crawl dashing?

<3 you sheikies

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The point of a technique is to accomplish a useful action and then figure out a way to do it.

Finding a random action you can do and then trying to find uses for it is completely backward. If you are going for flashy, figure out what you want to do and how you can accomplish that in an impressive way WITHOUT putting in too much wasted effort. If you are playing to win, don't put in wasted effort at all and concentrate on efficiency. Part of that efficiency revolves around not using novelty techniques like needle canceling into grabbing a ledge instead of just grabbing the ledge.

To be honest? It feels like the Yoshi boards. "OMG THE YOSHI WAVEDASH IS SUPER AWESOME AND WE WILL MAKE TOP TIER WITH IT." Except replace that wavedash with things like DACUS and .... whatever the hell this is.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
guys i have a better idea for an edge hog jump off reverse needle cancel chain tether cancel double jump fair chain tether cancel vanish

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
quit stealing my completely useless sheik nonsense chok *shakes fist*

anyways this "hey i found a way to edgehog slower without charging needles" thing is kinda silly

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
weren't you supposed to inspire us noob sheiks to be more creative

or am i not being creative since you already invented edge stuff that i can no longer invent ^^

*calms your shaking fist and holds your hand like a loving girlfriend*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You don't slide faster from a needle charge than you move while running.

Top Bottom