• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need video critique

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
Due to time constraints, I only watched the first video. It seemed like you were extremely nervous in the first few stocks, and the worst mistake you made was recovering high every time. You have to go to the ledge sometimes, even against IC's. Drill-shines are amazing in this matchup, and you need to abuse their bad recovery with shines especially. There was very little laser pressure, which is player style dependant. You missed many U-smashes, which can really hurt you in a matchup where a grab leads to death over 40%.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
My recovery was bad I agree and I've watched a couple of matches and I'll definitely add more drills next time. Thanks for the critique.

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
After watching the second set, I realized you're good enough to learn some more tricks. If you are on a platform, wobbles are almost always escapable, only inescpable at ~110%. You just have to mash out of the first few hits, because if you do it too fast Nana will fall through the platform. Wavelands are extremely important, and you only did them in-between stocks... and they were perfect for how you need to play against IC's! Specifically when recovering against a lot of characters invincible wavelands, or
haxdashes are super important as well, especially over 100%. So in conclusion, waveland more, especially on stage, don't U-smash unless you're sure, grab the ledge, and PLATFORM CAMP AGAINST IC'S.

Top Bottom