• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need tips vs. a Counter-spamming Marth

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I need advice as go about beating a Marth who whores the Counter downB attack against my Wolf. My current strategy is just to run up and fake attack so that he will counter, and then as he's lagging afterwards I Fsmash him and repeat the process. But, this makes matches take ages to complete. I'm just wondering if there is any other method that might be a little faster; I've tried Grabbing but that does less damage then the Fsmash.

Any help as to how to make these matches quicker, or even any techniques that would greatly discourage his Counter move would be greatly appreciated.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
mix it up, don't be so predictable
like instead of fsmash'ing, try a dsmash (better kill potential) or throw him up and attack him in the air before he can react
there's start lag to the counter as well, so if you pour on the pressure it'll be easier to get an attack in

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hey all, I need advice as go about beating a Marth who whores the Counter downB attack against my Wolf. My current strategy is just to run up and fake attack so that he will counter, and then as he's lagging afterwards I Fsmash him and repeat the process. But, this makes matches take ages to complete. I'm just wondering if there is any other method that might be a little faster; I've tried Grabbing but that does less damage then the Fsmash.

Any help as to how to make these matches quicker, or even any techniques that would greatly discourage his Counter move would be greatly appreciated.
Grab.

A LOT. It's the only thing that goes through Counter/shields. So when he attempts to Counter, just grab him. Wolf's best throws are down and back. Down can be followed by a low-percent FSmash. B-Throw can be followed by a Wolf Flash at certain percents; I'm working on a list of the three moves that can be followed by WF (BAir, BThrow, and A-A-A), so if I ever get that done, you can see when. Other than that, test.

Good luck to yeh. Nice name BTW. ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You need to mix it up a little. I do know that grabs negate Marth's Counter (and Ike's Counter), so that's one option against Counter spammers.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
The More you grab the more the Marth is going to second guess how much he counters it's pure knowledge. PLus your Blaster out ranges anyhting he could do take advantage of it.
But don't spam or their take advantage of tha ttoo, just be sure to mix up your aerials and your grabs and stuff so they don't see what's coming. If you feel your getting into a repetitive pattern. Do something completely opposite of that the FIRST chance you get, and you should be fine.

Top Bottom