• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help, horrid loss streak as of late

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
I can not for the life of me win lately online (against good players). I am having so much trouble with people roll spamming, dodging and then INSTANTLY grabbing me after. Like I feel like I am playing the game 4 seconds behind or something and it is driving me crazy. And pivot grabs **** me up. I feel like I try to dodge, the first grab against me misses then instantly I am grabbed at again during the ending animation of my dodge.

I need some tips, some tech ideas, anything to help me out here. I am getting 2 stocked like a chump and losing morale fast.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I can not for the life of me win lately online (against good players). I am having so much trouble with people roll spamming, dodging and then INSTANTLY grabbing me after. Like I feel like I am playing the game 4 seconds behind or something and it is driving me crazy. And pivot grabs **** me up. I feel like I try to dodge, the first grab against me misses then instantly I am grabbed at again during the ending animation of my dodge.

I need some tips, some tech ideas, anything to help me out hear. I am getting 2 stocked like a chump and losing morale fast.
Well I guess it depends on who you main?(because a lot of characters have specific tech obviously) becuase most characters have a match up thread that tells you how to do specfic match ups/ character specific tech.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
1v1 on For Glory is pretty cheap, and not a very accurate representation of skill. Don't sweat it. The difference of a two-stock anonymous match, and a real three-stock competitive match is immensely different.

Who do you main?

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Well I guess it depends on who you main?(because a lot of characters have specific tech obviously) becuase most characters have a match up thread that tells you how to do specfic match ups/ character specific tech.
I've been using Samus more than anyone and I'm about to drop her. I just feel she isn't so great all around....
I also play with DeDeDe and WFT, but they need more work. I'll definitely check those threads

I think I need to work on my tech because I am getting styled on by pivot grabs and the like and have no answer...

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
1v1 on For Glory is pretty cheap, and not a very accurate representation of skill. Don't sweat it. The difference of a two-stock anonymous match, and a real three-stock competitive match is immensely different.

Who do you main?
The two (very casual) tournaments I went to I used Robin in one and Samus in the other and won both. So of course I went all "WHOO I'M THE BEST" and even had a crazy win streak going online. But lately I've come to realize beating friends and randoms people in tournaments means nothing really, haha

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I've been using Samus more than anyone and I'm about to drop her. I just feel she isn't so great all around....
I also play with DeDeDe and WFT, but they need more work. I'll definitely check those threads

I think I need to work on my tech because I am getting styled on by pivot grabs and the like and have no answer...
Well if you do end up dropping samus I would highly suggest mega man because yes learning him is hard but he has a similar feel to samus. And ya i know the pain of using tech I can pretty much use any advance tech with ease but due to how I played before I played competively I just can't seem to grab people I always forget its a option but the main thing is to just learn from every loss.

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
T-The Dedes...?! I play the Dedes...

I can give you some serious pointers if you want.
Man please. I actually was playing with him just before I came on here to cry. I was in a pretty serious match streak with this random guy who was basically manhandling me and I went to DeDeDe and took a few games off him and then he brought out Link and everything went to ****. I mean I could not avoid anything while trying to get back on stage..... So sad

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Well if you do end up dropping samus I would highly suggest mega man because yes learning him is hard but he has a similar feel to samus. And ya i know the pain of using tech I can pretty much use any advance tech with ease but due to how I played before I played competively I just can't seem to grab people I always forget its a option but the main thing is to just learn from every loss.
I'm just confused as to how I would go to grab this guy, he would spotdodge and instantly grab me before my animation even ended. I have so much to learn!

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I'm just confused as to how I would go to grab this guy, he would spotdodge and instantly grab me before my animation even ended. I have so much to learn!
Well here's something as long as you have real people to practice with(even online people are fine) you'll grow 4X as fast as compared to fighting random people because if your sparing constantly with one person you get good at mind games and a opponent who knows your moves meaning you need to either get better or get crushed.

Top Bottom