• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need serious Bowser help

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I'm having a bad problem with Bowser.. I find that it's very difficult for me to fight small characters like Diddy or Pikachu. Sometimes even Fox. I had no problem with these kinds of matchups in melee, which may be part of the problem. I often find myself trying to use my melee Bowser by basically bum-rushing people and trying to fair and bair the crap out of everyone. This is the same case with my Ganondorf actually. I think this game seems really unbalanced to bigger characters like Ganon and Booz. I'm HOPING that my whole problem is trying to be too aggresive. I really hope that there is hope for Bowser. So basically what I'm asking is, when put up against small, fast characters, what are the best things to do? Thanks

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, you pretty much answered your own question. A large part of your problem seems to be that you are being overly aggressive. Smaller, faster characters (especially those with high priority) are going to give you a difficult time if you're contantly leaving yourself open for attack.

Take your time. The more attacks you throw at them, the more opportunities you are giving them to punish your mistakes. And believe me, Bowser can be pretty easy to punish.

Make your hits count, and you'll find that you'll still be quite effective on offense while taking much less damage.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
I see. Thanks guys. I'll go for a more defensive method I suppose. Also, I know this doesn't belong here, but are you guys having wifi problems? I'm wondering if I should buy the usb wii thing. When I play online matched with the kid up the street it's unbearable. Like... you can't even move. I find this to be very pathetic and stupid on nintendo's part. They should have a broadband connection. Hopefully once they see how many people play online they'll change it

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I see. Thanks guys. I'll go for a more defensive method I suppose. Also, I know this doesn't belong here, but are you guys having wifi problems? I'm wondering if I should buy the usb wii thing. When I play online matched with the kid up the street it's unbearable. Like... you can't even move. I find this to be very pathetic and stupid on nintendo's part. They should have a broadband connection. Hopefully once they see how many people play online they'll change it
I use the usb wii thing by nintendo and it works better than my friend who has a wireless internet connection along with faster internet access. Thats kinda messed up on Nintendo's part. As for the Bowser problem, I had a similar problem switching over from Melee Bowser to Brawl Bowser. I'm in the process of getting used to the changes. I haven't really played anyone really good yet since I get first place in practically every FFA or team match online with Bowser. So I'm in the process of swapping freind codes =).

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
I see.. maybe I will get it. Do you think Nintendo will fix the online once they see how many people use it? Maybe we should complain to them about it? Idk. But my Bowser has gotten better over the past few days. I am still having a hard time with Diddy, but other than him it's all good. I've really grown to like Charizard as well. But I win all of the online matches with Bowser too lol. I swear the basic brawl is fake. I think you play computers that are like lvl 1 instead of real people. They are just too stupid and bad to be real people.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Use up tilt to pick em outta the air, and take your time. Bowser doesn't have to be fast to win.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'd agree with Kevin M, except you can also use jabs, and d-tilt is definately an option too, unlike his melee d-tilt.

Generally jumping back and f-airing is pretty safe, especially in brawl.

Top Bottom