• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Pointers and general rooting

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
I'm not sure if this is the place but it's got the title for discussion. I'm going to participate on a online tourney on Oct 4. There are 65 participants.Very few have yet to select a character but it doesn't seem to be Zelda. Currently I am the only Zelda player in the tourney. I feel lonely. Perhaps anyone here could give me info about how I could use her effectively and turn the tourney to my side or at least some encouragement? Doesn't seem she is popular. To me she is my Main but I'd like to hear more opinions. Just like a mother or father who thinks their child is the best, I think Zelda is the best but doesn't seem like anyone (in the tourney thinks that at all). This a good place to find comfort and strategies for the The Hyrulean Princess Zelda?

Luminario

Smash Lord

People are probably still reeling from Zelda's low tier days. Once the metagame develops more we might see more Zelda players.
For tips on how to kick ass it might be best to look at a few Zelda videos since they can show you what we can only describe. The Zelda social thread has a few if you're interested.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Someone in gamefaqs game me a link to an awesome video. But it's very advanced. This is my first smash were Zelda will be my playable character. I'm basing my melee main from the Smash Flash 2 game that imitates smash so i know the basics. I will go to the thread to check videos. I need all the material I can research about her. Thank you very much for the support.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Best of luck. The importance here is that you are representing her. Let us know what happened. Will this be filmed at all, I'm sure we'd love to see gameplay.

Yeah, most still have the mindset that she's "worse than ever" or "as bad as brawl," which simply isn't true. In time people will see she's more viable than before, even if she isn't high tier.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
dtilt and utilt are your bread and butter combo starters, f-smash for spacing

grab isn't garbage anymore and you can get a lot of damage off with f/b/uthrow and pummels but avoid dthrow since it kinda sucks

nayru's is still good for punishing rolls and spotdodges

your kill moves are usmash, kicks and down smash. If the opponent is dumb you can probably get a sneaky kill with Farore's somewhere too.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Best of luck. The importance here is that you are representing her. Let us know what happened. Will this be filmed at all, I'm sure we'd love to see gameplay.

Yeah, most still have the mindset that she's "worse than ever" or "as bad as brawl," which simply isn't true. In time people will see she's more viable than before, even if she isn't high tier.
For now i don't know if it will be filmed. But it seems not. I always keep a good firm position about her. I also went to the thread Luminario said and I posted there some more info of how things are. Thank you you too and I'll try my best to represent the Princess of Hyrule with dignity even if i'm a rookie Zelda player.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
Zelda has yet to be good in a smash game and is incredibly underplayed because of it. It's always good to see another fellow Zelda player though. Best of luck and do our fighter princess proud.

I haven't touched sm4sh yet so I can't help much with advice. I can say she has more sweet spots than ever (all three lightning kicks: bair, fair, and dair, in addition to Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think her uair has a sweet spot in the center too).
Unfortunately, the phantom is pretty useless from what I have seen. The only time I have seen it used effectively is to prevent ledge guarding.

Top Bottom