• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need info form good faclon players.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Iam think of Beating my friend faclon with my own(probly not gonna happen).

so

1.Who are the best faclons.(need to watch their vids)
2.Any tip on fighting in faclon vs faclon match.
3.Any AT's i need to learn.

That is all

Thanks for the help.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't ever watch Falcon vids so I can't answer 1.
2. Know how to punish what moves. Like if you F-throw him off the stage and he uses side-B immediately to get back, Falcon Punch that mofo. If you D-smash and he tries to rush you with side-B, then jump and reverse Falcon Punch as soon as you do D-smash. Know how to read and punish aerials/DI with Falcon's up-B. Jab more.

3. Important moves:
- Jab cancelling-- Jab>grab; Jab>jab>grab
- F-smash out of foxtrot (tap forward repeatedly [foxtrot], and when you want to F-smash, hit C-stick in the direction of the smash you want almost immediately after tapping forward)
- Stutter step-- (turn around) > C-stick forward
- RFP control-- When you do normal Falcon Punch, it comes out faster, but you can't control the float. If you do a 180 (Reverse) Falcon Punch, you can control your aerial movement so you can speed up or slow down. Nice if you can mindgame your opponent into charging a smash, then avoiding it while charging Falcon Punch.

good luck, play better.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Iam think of Beating my friend faclon with my own(probly not gonna happen).

so

1.Who are the best faclons.(need to watch their vids)
2.Any tip on fighting in faclon vs faclon match.
3.Any AT's i need to learn.

That is all

Thanks for the help.
If you want to see really good Falcons look up SilentSpectre and Champ, although they don't have too many videos. zkid's pretty good I don't think he's as good as them. KeyKid, BananaTrooper (Kai!!), and Ayaz18 were pretty good at least at some point, although I don't think they've had any recent. I'm alright and have a lot of videos up, but the first 2/3 or so don't reflect my current playstyle. There's some other Falcons who put up great discussion but I don't recall videos of them. The best thing is probably to check the last month's worth of posts in the video thread (the original post hasn't been updated in a while).

If you're talking about beating zkid it won't happen anytime soon. There's a lot of things you need to learn about each of the moves that you can learn in my [post=4749444]guide[/post], but even that is incomplete. I also have quite a few Falcon dittos (semi-old) posted on my Youtube channel, although my "Epic Footage 3" video with comments at your side would be more condensed and has some tips in it than watching all the matches I have (including some tips on what NOT to do). I should warn you though that "Epic Footage 3" pulls out several moments (particularly FSmashes) that make it look like it look more useful than it is.

My personal strategy against Falcon definately includes not trying to follow stuff up in the air. Basically anything that chains to knee can get you kneed. The easiest way so far for me to beat other Falcons is patience, as noob Falcons generally spam knee, Falcon Punch, and Falcon Kick, all of which are very punishable. Putting yourself in situations where you can make your opponent think one of those is a good idea makes matches significantly easier. Against a good Falcon you can't count on them doing any of those though, so you'll have to really know all the little things about your moves that you can to win. To work on getting a good Falcon, I suggest working with mostly jabs, grabs, and UAirs, and you'll slowly figure out when to throw in the other moves. There's nothing really advanced yet that you need to learn, but knowing when to use each of your moves is extremely important.

I guess to summarize it takes a lot of work to get to know Falcon well, although if you know his weaknesses really well it will help you a lot in a Falcon ditto (you need to also know and use his strengths to their full potential to win against other characters though).

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
If you want to see really good Falcons look up SilentSpectre and Champ, although they don't have too many videos. zkid's pretty good I don't think he's as good as them. KeyKid, BananaTrooper (Kai!!), and Ayaz18 were pretty good at least at some point, although I don't think they've had any recent. I'm alright and have a lot of videos up, but the first 2/3 or so don't reflect my current playstyle. There's some other Falcons who put up great discussion but I don't recall videos of them. The best thing is probably to check the last month's worth of posts in the video thread (the original post hasn't been updated in a while).

If you're talking about beating zkid it won't happen anytime soon. There's a lot of things you need to learn about each of the moves that you can learn in my [post=4749444]guide[/post], but even that is incomplete. I also have quite a few Falcon dittos (semi-old) posted on my Youtube channel, although my "Epic Footage 3" video with comments at your side would be more condensed and has some tips in it than watching all the matches I have (including some tips on what NOT to do). I should warn you though that "Epic Footage 3" pulls out several moments (particularly FSmashes) that make it look like it look more useful than it is.

My personal strategy against Falcon definately includes not trying to follow stuff up in the air. Basically anything that chains to knee can get you kneed. The easiest way so far for me to beat other Falcons is patience, as noob Falcons generally spam knee, Falcon Punch, and Falcon Kick, all of which are very punishable. Putting yourself in situations where you can make your opponent think one of those is a good idea makes matches significantly easier. Against a good Falcon you can't count on them doing any of those though, so you'll have to really know all the little things about your moves that you can to win. To work on getting a good Falcon, I suggest working with mostly jabs, grabs, and UAirs, and you'll slowly figure out when to throw in the other moves. There's nothing really advanced yet that you need to learn, but knowing when to use each of your moves is extremely important.

I guess to summarize it takes a lot of work to get to know Falcon well, although if you know his weaknesses really well it will help you a lot in a Falcon ditto (you need to also know and use his strengths to their full potential to win against other characters though).

do SS & CHamp play this game at all?:confused:

Lionman

Smash Champion
Personally Captain Falcon´s Dittos are the most easy match for me, If you want to practice, play with really good players with mad tiers like TL, Falco etc... then, Captain Falcon becomes really a easy match

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Personally Captain Falcon´s Dittos are the most easy match for me, If you want to practice, play with really good players with mad tiers like TL, Falco etc... then, Captain Falcon becomes really a easy match
though that one of the few matches i sandbag in he mains marth and he is a huge problem. he forces me to play extremly smart and i need to wait 4 him to slip up (and it dont happen often)

??? this had nothen to do with the topic:urg:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hmmm we are talking about dittos?
o i see. this is the game he is talking about. i was sandbaging (once) and i dont think he was to serious himself. its the last match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaPWBBW1bu8

Search for "SilentSpectre Brawl" on youtube and sort by date to find some of his matches. Champ posts in here under the name "Charoo" but generally makes his own thread when he gets videos up.
i'll check him out. my falcon would much better if the tourneys in nyc didnt stop :urg:

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Hm...Falcon against Falcon

Question, do either of you really use Falcon in Melee? If so, get rid of the habits you have when you use brawl Falcon. Overuse of the knee will result in punishment and even when you actually land one you'll have reduction on damage and knockback.

Love the Jab, the first punch has nice priority and clanks with many moves. Also you might want to practice doing a simple jab grab or jab, jab, grab depending on the situation.

I'm no pro by any means but I do main Falcon and even when I lose in a 3 stock match my opponent is also down to 1 stock as well.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hm...Falcon against Falcon

Question, do either of you really use Falcon in Melee? If so, get rid of the habits you have when you use brawl Falcon. Overuse of the knee will result in punishment and even when you actually land one you'll have reduction on damage and knockback.

Love the Jab, the first punch has nice priority and clanks with many moves. Also you might want to practice doing a simple jab grab or jab, jab, grab depending on the situation.

I'm no pro by any means but I do main Falcon and even when I lose in a 3 stock match my opponent is also down to 1 stock as well.
i wasnt playing serious neither was he. falcon is like very close to my main. i played with him in melee but my style isnt even close to my falcons melee style. but thanks for crit.:chuckle:

Top Bottom