• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Improvement?

CookBadGrades

Smash Cadet

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I watched some of your vids, and I think that there are some important things you have to work on.

- Turnip game. Don't throw your turnips randomly. Turnips are great for starting combo's, so it isn't smart to use dash-throw so much, because that move doesn't connect. A better option is to throw your turnips out of a jump and then follow up with nair or fc fair.

- Stop rolling too much, or don’t roll at all, lol. Floating and wavedashing are much better options for keeping a safe distance. You may get away if you play against low tier characters, but if you play against decent high tier characters you will get ***** for rolling too much.

- Work on approach and spacing. Floating above you opponent and smashing FC fairs and nairs is a good way to start.

- Be more creative with your moves. You were repeating dash attacks a lot.

- If you throw a turnip against a shielded opponent you can try to catch your own turnip back. This can be very useful against floaty characters, especially when you have a stitchface or the turnip with the dot eyes.

- Stop using out of fashion yellow walmart daisy dress. You are playing a princess, so you must were a princess outfit.

I hope my advice was helpful to you

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You have to learn how to float at the various heights and how to do different kinds of aerials from those heights (and their variations). Immediately. Floating and FCing aerials is integral to Peach's gameplan.

You also need to stop dash throwing turnips. Dash cancel smash throw is better if you want to be on the ground. Throwing from the air is also good to setup an approach.

CookBadGrades

Smash Cadet
I watched some of your vids, and I think that there are some important things you have to work on.

- Turnip game. Don't throw your turnips randomly. Turnips are great for starting combo's, so it isn't smart to use dash-throw so much, because that move doesn't connect. A better option is to throw your turnips out of a jump and then follow up with nair or fc fair.

- Stop rolling too much, or don’t roll at all, lol. Floating and wavedashing are much better options for keeping a safe distance. You may get away if you play against low tier characters, but if you play against decent high tier characters you will get ***** for rolling too much.

- Stop using out of fashion yellow walmart daisy dress. You are playing a princess, so you must were a princess outfit.

I hope my advice was helpful to you

Oh yeah, thanks! I agree with what you said about turnips. Sometimes i throw them all around and then when i get one that is good like the dot eyes or stitch eyes i actually aim, so it's kind of like a mind game but a basic one.

I Kind of prefer Daisy over Peach, so I choose the ugly dress.

And about the rolling, yeah I agree, I'm working on that. I wavedash sometimes, but I find that the roll goes farther. But the wavedash is much quicker so that's better.

Thank you!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sup Sam
Why are you playing Joe's Kirby >:[
Anyways yeah...do that floating jank
Although going to tournaments and playing people besides Joe and getting advice from them in person would probably be a bigger help haha
Man, brother of the great ChivalRuse ...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sup Sam
Why are you playing Joe's Kirby >:[
Anyways yeah...do that floating jank
Although going to tournaments and playing people besides Joe and getting advice from them in person would probably be a bigger help haha
Man, brother of the great ChivalRuse ...

CookBadGrades

Smash Cadet
Haha yeah... Well you've met me before.... Mr. Brock

You have to learn how to float at the various heights and how to do different kinds of aerials from those heights (and their variations). Immediately. Floating and FCing aerials is integral to Peach's gameplan.

You also need to stop dash throwing turnips. Dash cancel smash throw is better if you want to be on the ground. Throwing from the air is also good to setup an approach.
And KirbyKaze, first of all... OMG I'M TALKING TO THE REAL KIRBYKAZE!!! HUGE FAN!! :)
and sorry I didn't respond immediately I didn't want to make a long post or post two times in a row. So....

Yeah I'll try to learn to float at different heights NOW! How come it's bad to dash throw though? I find that if you throw it at them, it stuns them or pushes them back so it sets up for a grab. But I guess dash cancel smash throw IS better. T_T

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's just that your dash throw lags for a while so it's not good for comboing because the lag often prevents follows, and for camping and defense the lag makes the dash cancel smash throw go further and be better.

I find SH turnip throw better if you're trying to combo into grabs or something, since it has less lag than the dash cancel smash throw and the dash throw. If you were trying to combo into grabs and stuff, I'd suggest doing that.

Something else you should consider using is SH turnip throw float Nair/Fair. It is a really basic combo that's useful for Peach at all levels, so I'd consider doing it. Peach's grab isn't usually super duper useful in every matchup, or at least it's often not as good as hitting a Nair or Fair, since those can combo into dash attacks, D-smash, jab, and other goodies. They also make for awesome shield pressure setups if they block the aerial.

Top Bottom