• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
Im working really hard on my pit but it seems i cant get the edge on my friends zelda. and it is driving me **** house. does anyone have a strategy for fighting a zelda?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well my advice would be to be as unpredictable as possible in your approach and spam arrows. Eventually the Zelda will try to use an attack and whiff, giving you a golden opportunity to give them a face full of blade.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
why would you spam arrows? she has a reflector duhhh. i would smother her in attacks and give her no room./ Focus on your spacing though, zelda is big on spacing so your opponent is probably beating you out on it already. Id say zelda is a defensive type, so run in for the big combo and then take it easy again until the opportunity arises once more. Oh and mirror shield that stupid din's fire, its pretty dangerous in this game.

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
That is one of my problem, that **** din's fire my body uses it and smash up a ton!! i cant use glide in attacks one him . zelda is defensive but he plays her as offensive a ton it is weird lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea im having trouble with Zelda since her range is big and the move has so many hitboxes and last long enough to cover up the ending lag (little) You have to be really cautious fighting Zelda and mindgame them a lot. Arrows and smart, effective arrow looping is good to trigger the B reflect move and not hit it since that move has a lot of lag. Use AR and Nair if they are the spot dodging defensive type.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Zelda is dangerous, and remember not to approach her from the Air. "Twinkly Death" I cant get over it >_<

Well Because of Din's fire, this will probably prevent you from using gliding in this whole matchup. F-tilt will be useful considering its range.

Remember this... You can take control of this battle by getting Zelda above you. Easy ways to do so is a D-tilt, D-throw, or U-throw. Since Pit gots great aerial game, sending Zelda into the air will give you the upper hand. As for her recovery... it's poor against Pit in most cases.

For some reason I see that both of these chars do great when their opponents are in the air to take advantage. Pit, however, does this better.

Top Bottom