• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with teching gay men watch's dthrow

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm a sheik mainer, but I know you guys deal with this specific topic probably more than anyone, help?

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I'm preeeeeetty sure you can tech his dthrow. You need to hit L or R like directly after the beep from his third "juggle" of you. Also, you can't just tech, you have to tech roll away. I think I've done it before? I don't remember. Pretty sure I've done it before. It's pretty hard to do with falco as there isn't much of a window you can do it in.

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
It's definitely possible. redgreenblue is right, it's about the time when he juggles you for the last time right after the actual throw that you have to press shield.

If you have friends who play G&W, play some matches with them and keep trying it or ask them to just keep using down throw until you can get it consistently. Just takes a little practice, then it should be no trouble at all.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
xfd gay men watch

The best solution is really to just not get grabbed, G&W has so many options out of dthrow it's ridiculous. Even if you get a tech he can techchase you if you don't get away FAST, he can follow a tech with a turtle or something, and obviously if you don't tech it's rapin' time (dsmash or predict which way you roll with an usmash)

There's really no advice here other than practice. Play some good Game and Watches, and just practice teching the dthrow. It sucks, but it's the only way.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Umm, just mash left/right and L/R. It works for me. But then all he has to do is walk and forward smash.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Make sure you aren't mashing L and R to get out of the grab beforehand, and then follow RGB's advice i guess, it sounds right

@bowz you can't mash buttons to tech (as far as I know {can we make afaik an acronym plz}) I think it's like meteor canceling: if you try it too early you can't do it at the right time.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Yeah you can't mash to tech, everytime you press the R or L button to tech and miss it, you can't try again for 40 frames, and I'm pretty sure it give you around 20 to tech it, so yeah mashing = not a good idea.

Just get a Gaw to dthrow you until you can get comfortable with the timing of the tech, it's really not too hard and it's probably worth learning because gaw is a formidable foe, (trust me, he is my secondary)

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Make sure you aren't mashing L and R to get out of the grab beforehand, and then follow RGB's advice i guess, it sounds right

@bowz you can't mash buttons to tech (as far as I know {can we make afaik an acronym plz}) I think it's like meteor canceling: if you try it too early you can't do it at the right time.
Well for meteor canceling, you can mash up+b :p

Top Bottom