• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help with tech stuff

wombo

Smash Cadet
I'm a long time melee-er but it was only recently that I decided that I'd buckle down and learn the technical aspect to SSBM. I've always known about wavedashing and have been okay at implementing it in combat a little I feel like I'm doing it wrong because my WDs always seem to come up shorter than I'd expect. I understand that like anything else wavedashing takes a lot of practice but I'm just asking the community how long it was before any of you have noticed a change in your ability to wavedash in regular combat?

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Well it depends on who your main is. If you main Fox you prolly shouldn't be practicing wavedashing yet. I'd recommend sharpening your SHFFLing skills a while before moving onto WD.

wombo

Smash Cadet
That's a good point, I've been too focused on wavedashes I suppose, and still definitely haven't come close to mastering SHFFLing. What would you suggest I practice after the SHFFLed aerials?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Just keep playing, and don't completely give up on the idea of implementing adv.techs because you play worse at first.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
All honesty, certain charactes like Fox and Marth took me like a year to be very good with, and I'm still improving to this very day. It takes years of experience...

Jut have to keep practicing.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude shffl with fox is so easy (for an ice climber main like me) i think there is something sometimes called clawing it or something like that. just tab the end of the button and slide your finger off.

best way to make everyone else look easy to play as is to play as the ice climbers but you won't have much tech skill

miggz it should be waffles not pancake, but that's just me

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Personally, I'd suggest just reading through a guide and learning things in the order in which they're mentioned. That way, you've not only got a sctructured way to learn Fox, but you've also got descriptions of what you're learning, where to apply it, etc.

wombo

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd suggest just reading through a guide and learning things in the order in which they're mentioned. That way, you've not only got a sctructured way to learn Fox, but you've also got descriptions of what you're learning, where to apply it, etc.
I've been through so many guides by now the only thing left to do is sit down and practice each tech one at a time. And thank you everyone for the advice, I've played smash since its release but my friend and I never bothered to get good at technical stuff because we didn't have any other good competition besides each other. But now he's playing brawl and I just prefer melee for the pro-scene. But I can tell it'll be a while before I'm anywhere near that :).

Top Bottom