• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help with Shoryuken

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I can do any of his other input attacks with no problem at all, but every time I try to do the Shoryuken for earlier kills, it doesn't work most of the time. I've tried both the Z-motion and :GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDR::GCR:, but the majority of the time, I only get the dash attack.

Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
There's a lot of threads explaining this. But to be nice, what I do is the same as a hadouken motion, but press forward first.

So if Ryu was facing right: ->, hadouken.

I do this in Street Fighter as well.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I've tried that. He still does his dash attack.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Tap diagonal down forward twice and press A. That is as easy as it gets.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU! This helped me out so much!

Don't do this.

Do DF, D, DF, A.

It's better, trust me. It's easier and quicker to roll the stick than to tap it in the direction.

You don't need to do the F,DF,D,DF,F,A motion that you mention in your first post. If you can press DF twice without causing a forward dash then you can do DF,D,DF,A without causing a forward dash. It's easier and quicker.

:)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Don't do this.

Do DF, D, DF, A.

It's better, trust me. It's easier and quicker to roll the stick than to tap it in the direction.

You don't need to do the F,DF,D,DF,F,A motion that you mention in your first post. If you can press DF twice without causing a forward dash then you can do DF,D,DF,A without causing a forward dash. It's easier and quicker.

:)
Tried this. It's not working for me.
EDIT: After a little more practice, it's working a bit more consistently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom