• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help with SHBAWD

DragonZProductions

Smash Rookie
So I have been playing Smash for about the past 2 months and have gone up the rankings rather well at my local venue (from 16th to now 6th and right now I am gunning for the top 3 spot because those in my way are just a little above me). I have been working on a ton of tech skill recently and now I decided to put my mind to the SHBAWD... I can wavedash fine and waveland for that matter, sffling no problem (still trying to make it muscle memory), Bairs no biggie, however combining all 3 has been an issue for me. I have watched the Doctor's Checkup about 5-6 times on this specific part and have made no progress, can someone explain a way how to practice this approach method?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Gotta just make sure that the bair is during the rising part of the short-hop animation. It can not be as you hit the peak of the short-hop that the animation of the bair starts to take off because it will not work. If you can manage to practice that, the wave-land becomes increasingly easier after a while and then it will just become second nature to you.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Like SmashMac said... make sure the the bair animations starts on the rising part of the short hop. In other words press X or Y and immediately press the c-stick left or right. Then there should be a small window near the end of the fall where you can wavedash. Try it out in slow mode to find that window.

Top Bottom