• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with luigi.

CitrusDestruction

Smash Rookie
Definately has improved quite a bit since smash 64, just decided to play him and found him to be really fun.

It's either him or Mario for a main this time around, just wanna know what luigis pros and cons are so I can master him easily.

Thanks in advance brother

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
In a nutshell:

Pros:

+Probably one of, if not, the best comboer in the game. That stands for a lot.
+Can kill very early with Dair spikes, Super jump punch, and a Down tilted or Up titled F smash.
+Moves have little to no lag. Very fast attacks.
+Dair spikes is waaaay more landable this time around
+D Throw. You can D throw to up B!

Cons:

-Although faster than Brawl on the ground, still slow movement wise both air and ground.
-Recovery is weaker than Brawl [But still usable]
-Struggles to approach [Fireballs are buffed from Brawl though]
-Sometimes struggles to get the kill [was rectified a tad in the recent patch, but still not as strong as Brawl]

Now comparing to Mario...

Pros:

+Better recovery distance wise
+Kills earlier.
+Combos better [Mario can only really do D throw to u tilt, which isn't always consistent]

Cons:

-Moves slower than Mario, it's noticeable.
-Worse offstage, Mario can gimp so much better.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head, have fun!

CitrusDestruction

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. His side b seems decent for a surprise attack, and I prefer his down be to Mario's down b, Mario's side b has good utility, but I still prefer a quick sneak attack to that utility.

What are luigis kill moves?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Thanks a lot. His side b seems decent for a surprise attack, and I prefer his down be to Mario's down b, Mario's side b has good utility, but I still prefer a quick sneak attack to that utility.

What are luigis kill moves?
A sweetspotted Bair, Dair [Spike version], Misfire on missile, Up B [Both air an ground], F Smash titled up or down [U smash isn't bad either].

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Try to sneak in a lot of dash grabs too, I find that his dash grab has considerably good range, it's satisfying to bait an attack out, or to stun someone with a fireball, then quickly get in and manhandle 'em!

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
You can use D-Throw -> Up-B at like 70 - 110 (depending on weight/stage position and such) to get the kill.

Also his Areal game ist mostly better. Quick F-Air, basically has a better Mario D-Air with his Down-B + D-Air spike.
Though he lacks Marios Dunking F-Air.

Top Bottom