• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help Wavedash Shining

ofizzy

Smash Cadet
need help on wavedashing into a shine ?

is there any trick to it or just a really fast wavedash downb ?

person701

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean Waveshine. And yes, generally, since you can jump out of the opening frames of the shine, you could string a wavedash right after.

To answer your question: Yes it a fast motion. Shine -> wavedash -> shine, etc.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
7 years and it still comes up. wahhhh.

but when I waveshine, i dont hold the analog stick diagonally down, because then you dont get a long smooth wavedash.

and i tend to hit B to shine and then just slide my finger to x to jump out of it, i mean, if you're in the shine hitting the A button wont do anything. haha.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
but when I waveshine, i dont hold the analog stick diagonally down, because then you dont get a long smooth wavedash.
This is true. I just felt like it'd sound easier if I left out the stick inputs >.>

but yeah you're right, perfect wavedashing makes it a lot better if you actually want to waveshine people as opposed to just dashing and grabbing.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
7 years and it still comes up. wahhhh.

and i tend to hit B to shine and then just slide my finger to x to jump out of it, i mean, if you're in the shine hitting the A button wont do anything. haha.
Lol. So true.

Tilt down, press B with the center of your thumb, then go to Y while you are returning to neutral with the control stick and tilting for the wavedash. Move the control stick as little as possible.

Leacero

Smash Lord
It takes a lot of practice, so break it down into different parts. You can start out wavedashing in place and shining (by just holding on down control stick). Once you commit that to muscle memory and can do it pretty efficiently, you can move onto doing it with inputting two directions on the control stick (one for the shine, one for the wavedash). It's probably easier for you to start out with the exact diagonal position instead of going for a perfect wavedash for now, just because the directions are more clearly defined. Just be sure that after you start getting the hang of it, start trying the perfect wavedashes, cause getting into the habit of a non-perfect waveshine is gonna cause problems later on. =\

Hope that was clear/helpful in any way.

Hpnotiq

Smash Cadet
my only problem waveshining is that sometimes while im doing it, instead of shine i pull out the illusion.. and always happens when im near to the edge, so i suicide..

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
im not sure what the fastest speed for it cuz sometimes i press down b right after the wavedash and it does nothing..just like when i do a drill shine..but thats prolly just cuz i didnt L cancel right.

Lovage

Smash Hero
what exactly do you need help with?
dont try to learn the entire "waveshine" motion in one

first press down+b

then hold diagonal forward

then press y

then press L (or R)

make it into segments so its easier to learn, after practice you can do it in one motion like second nature

Top Bottom