• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help making Meta Knight truly 'Meta'.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Meanings of "Meta" taken from www.dictionary.com:

* At a later stage of development
* Beyond; transcending; more comprehensive
* At a higher state of development

However, the AT/Glitch compilation thread ( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164597 ) only has one character-specific item for Meta Knight, and few multi/universal entries that apply to the good knight.

Even though Meta Knight supposedly has an enormous "fan base", if there is anything "staple" to be found, it would be nice to unveil it soon.

All this being said, I urge Meta Knight enthusiasts to spend some extra time in training searching for the next breakthrough for MK.

For those who need direction in getting started, the one character-specific item I submitted to ‘that thread’ is a way to increase the speed the Meta Knight’s forward tilt significantly (basically). It has limited uses; mostly for attacking airborne opponents. (You should break here to read about this item in the AT/Glitch thread before proceeding if interested) However, a couple times I was able to make another down tilt come out immediately after two strikes of the forward tilt, thus making a constant chain of down tilt, 2x forward tilt slashes, down tilt… really fast. This could be incredibly useful, but I’m not able to replicate.

This is just one example. Hopefully we can discover some more great stuff for Meta Knight.

This thread simply serves as my sincere request that MK mains and lovers alike join up to search for some broken stuff!

ckm

Smash Journeyman
word. bump.

not that anyone will have found anything, but... heres to getting stoned and spending the next two hours in training mode.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Comeon, most people already consider Meta Knight high tier, I don't really think you need anything more.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
err...? Really, there's nothing to metakmight other than button mashing. He doesn't have any true techs right now. The main reason he's so popular is because he's a high tier character with no learning curve. Mash the a button with a mix of b and grabbing. He does have some combos at low % but that's it. Metaknight has already been maxed out.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
grandmaster are you gonna be at the st paul bi weelies? i'm hopin to see alot of posters there

Master Raven

Smash Master
err...? Really, there's nothing to metakmight other than button mashing. He doesn't have any true techs right now. The main reason he's so popular is because he's a high tier character with no learning curve. Mash the a button with a mix of b and grabbing. He does have some combos at low % but that's it. Metaknight has already been maxed out.
You must've gotten ***** by a bunch of MK players. :chuckle:

Amide

Smash Lord
You're right. Snake right now has like, five ATs, while MK has one. What to do?

Top Bottom