• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Ledge Guarding Peach

Adzrailof

Smash Rookie
I know it's a pretty broad topic, but whenever I play against a peach player, they always seem to slip away from my off stage ledge guards, and my on stage ledge guards. For example, I forward-tilt the Peach off stage on Dreamland, and they recover high using their float, so I back-air them back off stage, then they fast-fall back down to the ledge, and get back on stage with their up-b because I'm too slow getting back to the ledge. Another situation I find myself in, is that the can just float above me to the point where the are to high up to hit. I know its not the best written thread, but I would really appreciate any help on how to ledge guard peach.

Life

Smash Hero
Patience is a virtue. Why not just wait until Peach's float expires? It's not like being high above the stage is a great position for her, either.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
I know it's a pretty broad topic, but whenever I play against a peach player, they always seem to slip away from my off stage ledge guards, and my on stage ledge guards. For example, I forward-tilt the Peach off stage on Dreamland, and they recover high using their float, so I back-air them back off stage, then they fast-fall back down to the ledge, and get back on stage with their up-b because I'm too slow getting back to the ledge. Another situation I find myself in, is that the can just float above me to the point where the are to high up to hit. I know its not the best written thread, but I would really appreciate any help on how to ledge guard peach.
Look Peaches Float lasts 2.5 second. You can count while you wait for her to come down. Position yourself wherever he'll land and stay under her the whole time. There's really no reason to jump up there and challenge it. You're already in a better position and she'll come to you. just stand there and be patient. Only really go for the hard edge guard when here floats not an option and learnt to space around the parcel.
Remember peach can't ledge dash. If she grabs ledge D-tilt will pretty much solve every situation until you can get the good kill hit.

Last edited:

Charlie.

Smash Rookie
If she is above you, you are in a great position. Just wait for her to return. It can be quite frustrating to wait for but once you manage to get her recovering fairly low, d-tilt destroys her. if she tries to float or DJ sweetspot, d-tilt ledgegrab is godlike. Godspeed.

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
First off, edge-guarding Peach is a different beast. When edge-guarding her, going offstage is nearly counter-productive and it really isn't a good option. DTilt, bair and the like are legendary vs. Peach. If she's floating or recovering above you, just wait for her to come down, and she will come down. Being above Marth is a very, very bad idea, so pretty much you have to be patient.

Godspeed, and get those tippers.

Top Bottom