• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEED HELP fighting a Pikachu!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Yeah i know its wierd posting on the Pikachu section, but where better to ask for helping fighting pika then to ask the experts themselves!

So i play Samus, Use Wavedash, Missles, Nair, Metersmash, Downsmash and Fsmash alot.
So my question is:
How should I fight Pikachu as Samus??????
Any tips, suggestions would help! Thanks!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Dsmash the little rat. actually, that may not be a good idea since pika's dsmash is awesome. ummm idk any help guys?

N64

Smash Champion
cc to dsmash or fsmash.
wd back whenever pika approaches and fsmash.
stay on the ground, and if you're in the air you'll usually want to try to outprioritize what he's doing with nair. Or just do your best to avoid him until you get to the ground.
Pika has trouble with characters that are good at sticking to the ground, as he relies on aerials and edgeguarding, or usmash kills. Staying to the ground helps against his aerials, and fsmash/dsmash/ftilting him if he gets close will make it hard for him to fit in a usmash.
Missles work well too, but don't wholy depend on them. Pika can duck or otherwise avoid them, though they are good for limiting his approach options.

Top Bottom