• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help edgeguarding firefox

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
When he comes from the same level as me I'm fine. I usually smash side. But when fox comes from below the stage I am helpless. I try upB but it always mises and he flies right through me. What can I do to stop it?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
A good trick to use against Fox/Falco coming up from underneath is dropping down and nair'ing him. Your nair SHOULD outprioritize the Firefox AND make it back on the stage. Keep doing this until he's low enough for you to just have to edgehog.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
DO THE M TECHNIQUE!
the BOMB DROP SWORD PLANT!
im sure you know this because you replied to the previous thread but ill tell you again. When the fox is blew hes going to go for the corner of the stage. so you go
1) Take out a bomb
2) Jump and drop the bomb (doesn't matter if its short hop or high hop)
3) The bomb will hit the fox sending him up or up and away from the stage depending on the DI
4) sword plant his *** or fair or nair.

Usually if they're at low percentages and you can't kill him with a sword plant use a nair, so the bomb pops him up right into your foot. AND it also looks kinda cool haha

Link226

Smash Ace
Well...if you know they are trying to catch the edge you should just go a little back and dsmash them. If not you can dtilt if you dont feel comfortable, but dsmash is recommended.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
an option you may want to consider: ledge-hop into dair or nair. don't attempt a sword plant(dair) from the stage unless it's from a full jump while facing the stage--assuming the stage is FD, that is.

Sliq

Smash Master
If they aren't going to sweet spot, you should try and Spin Spike them (the tip of the Spin Attack should be in line with the edge of the level...if Link is too close to the edge th Up B will hit.

If they are going to sweet spot, just grab the edge.

If they are in a position where they can sweet spot with one angle, or dodge your Spin with another, then your best bet is to get on the edge, drop off nair.

If you want to get tricky, you could Spin Attack cancel onto the edge, and then nair or bair them. This works if you don't have much time to react, because if they try and sweet spot you'll take the ledge away, and if they don't then you might hit them with the weak ledge canceled spin, which can then be followed up with a bair or nair if you're fast enoguh (they probably won't be expecting anything nearly as cool, so you should be able to catch them off guard.

The better options are always the most simple, but sometimes a little raz-a-ma-taz can be helpful.

BoogalooMARK

Smash Rookie
what u should do is f-tilt if fox if hes trying to sweetspot it and spin spike wen he doesnt..its that simple

Skler

Smash Master
Don't do the bomb drop, good players will tech it and then phantasm back. Just drop off and nair, spin spike if they can't sweetspot or if you can't get off the stage in time do a ftilt. Doing anything else is risky (except for edgehopping nairs, but that's still not the safest way). Don't forget to throw a boomerang/bomb at them while they charge, that tends to get them into a bad spot.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
If you're wiffing on a late-hit Up and B and you don't feel confident using a drop-off nair...try working on the timing of the down tilt (NOT the timing to send them downward but simply the timing to connect) to send them upwards and depending on how they DI and their % use a Dair or Fair.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The Drop-off n-air is your best bet especially against a falco because it knocks him to far away... hopefully you knock the fox far enough away if not get back to the ledge asap and do it again until he flies far enough that he can't recover.. hope that helps

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
From my own experience, if the firefox is going through you that means you are to close to the edge. I don't know the exact spot, but you need to be just a little into the stage...

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
I'd say you need to be far enough from the edge so the fire from fox doesn't hit you, but your sword needs to reach over the ledge just a little.

Top Bottom