• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against grabs

Loochietoochie

Smash Rookie
How do I beat players who constantly grab 24/7. It’s like a crutch for them. I get dgrabed and get combined into 50%. especially frustrating against characters with a kill throw like ness. They also have low end lag and I don’t know how to deal with theses players. Any advice

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Spotdodge if you see a grab coming. Spotdodges are bordering too good in this game since you can cancel them into nearly any grounded move you want.

Prison

Smash Cadet
plenty of ways to bait the grab out.

- you can dash dance, get close, then get back out, run back in after they miss the grab
- projectile spam/punish for missing
- tomahawk grab them first
- run in, go for a roll
- empty hop just out of range
- use safe on shield aerials
- dash attack combo/strings
- spot dodge
- cross up bair
- platform camp
- ledge camp
- hold shield til they run in, then aerial out and start a string
- wobble out of it before they throw

My point is, that there are plenty of things to do. Smash is all about adapting, you've done the first part (identify the problem/habit), now you need to commit on the second (react to the habit).

You already know they're gonna grab, that's super valuable info. But most likely, once they get punished for the grab attempt a few times, they may stop doing it and you're back to adapting to their new play style.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ness' grab is garbage. It's like SSBM grab. One good way to avoid getting grabbed is to jump. Just short hop. Another good way is to go on platforms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom