• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need an external hard drive

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5118]Need an external hard drive[/drupal]

I want to start organizing my media in a separate location than my local hard disk, so I'm looking for 1 TB external hard drive. What brands and specific models have worked best for you?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I have had Western Digital drives work very well for my purposes.

Mainly a 2TB USB Western Digital drive that I use for backups; have had it for three years and it's still in perfect condition. =)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
exactly what johnny there said. i have a 2tb wd external hdd that works amazingly

also, an important tip for when you're buying (if you didn't already know) is to go straight to the manufacturer. retail jacks up the price to ridiculous proportions. i personally paid $89 australian for mine, when retail sold the same product for $200+

John2k4

The End of an Era
Not sure where you live, Jumpman, but if you're in the SouthWest US I would recommend checking Fry's Electronics - they've frequently got external WD drives on sale.

If that's not an option, keep an eye on NewEgg - They tend to have low prices too. =)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was about to say you can find on newegg, but John beat me to it.

So, I'd say you should use Cnet as your alternative in case you don't find anything interesting in the other site.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Quick question. Are passports external hard drives that get their power from the computer it's hooked up to and normal ones need an external power source?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I do believe the Passport series doesn't have you use an adapter or external power source for it to operate. They generally are a bit pricier, but otherwise it's not a big deal if you plan to keep it in one location.

I personally got a Verbatim 1 TB External (power source required) for 80 bucks on Black Friday 2 years ago.

Top Bottom