• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need advice vs bomber characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker9125

Smash Rookie
I casually play smash brothers with some friends, two of them play in tournaments and another guy is; like me, a casual player. But this is getting beyond annoying.

The third guy who we will call mike(the other casual player) loves to play Yoshi and Kirby. He also gets the only controller with a working a button. The others work too, but only about half the time you press it.

Here is a typical match...........

Me: Roy
Mike: Yoshi
Random CPU lvl 6-7
Random CPU lvl 7-8

He also insists we play on Pokemon stadium a lot of the time.

I am down with the two CPUs fighting it out and he typically just hangs back floating around until he catches me (or a CPU, but mostly me) out in the open getting comboed and then he will hit me with down B. He rarely ever engages close range. He repeats this same move over and over and over and over and over again.............. Until I am either dead or he has a significant advantage.

When I try to come out from whatever ledge I am under he just spams down b again. I am getting pretty good at countering with Roy's up B, but it just isn't enough. Considering I am the only one who is constantly fighting both CPs

He can almost never beat me one on one with any character (and I usually don't play Roy in this case out of fairness) so he insists on playing with 4 on the screen.

Suggesting that this MIGHT be a rather lame tactic or even mentioning anything about it, usually results in an argument. So talking about changing the situation or how we play is out of the question.

Any advice on how I can effectively counter this?

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Use Teh Phir3!!11!!!1111!1!

Seriously though, Dodging or shielding will work wonders.
And dare I say it... GRABBING! especially with Roy's grab range :)

And BTW, welcome to SWF!

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
does /thread mean anything to you? "Use Teh Phir3!!11!!!1111!1!" is not hilarious to post on spam threads, and never was. And how are you going to grab someone who's directly above you? you'll just get hit by Yoshi'd down-B and look like a noob for trying to grab it.

but welcome to SWF Joker9125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom