• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Host- Brice Murphy
Location- 52684 230th st, Glenwood IA
Contact- 712-310-2416

Doubles and Singles- $5
House Donation $1(for my mom)

STAGE RULES- Pound 4.
Neutrals-FoD, FD, DL64, BF, YS.
Counterpicks- Stadium, Brinstar, RC, and KJ64.

IN teams FoD is banned.

THESE EVENTS WILL BE ROUND ROBIN! If OOS is confirmed we will do Pools for singles to seed the bracket. Doubles will still be RR!

Nebraska Power Rankings.This list is based upon attendance in tourney, as well as attendance at smashfests. However, This list is based on Tourney results only and/or MMs.

Pokemon Champion
JBM

The Elite Four- This group deserves praise. They all do well on certain days and could be the best, but more consistency is needed.
1. Cue
2. Smeesh
3. Tyser
4. Echo

8 Gym Leaders- This is the skill gap between the above.
1. Mo
2. Majik
3. Mike "MKvDC" lover
4.Uli
5.PharoahRobMan
6.Bolun
7.Mushroomring
8.Shawn

Honarable mentions- Ian, Shermanthetank, and GG222.

About PR- I'd like 2 panelist other than myself who regularly attend fests to consider the PR. If your interested you need to be going to play smash 2-3 times per week. Let me know!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
the way in which you will advance is by going to every tournament that is held and beating players who are above you in tourneys/smashfest tourneys.

Joker holds tourneys at least once a month, i think that i will start holding monthly melee tourneys as well if people are interested. i think davids basement or mine is the ideal place to hold melee tourney/smashfests or tysers house for smashfest (just going by what has been done in the past.) by placing consistently higher than others and/or beating those people in tourney will decrease the number beside your name which will cause you to rise or fall.

Tyser

Smash Champion
1. Smeesh (Falcon)
2. Echo (Peach/Falcon/Fox)
3. JBM (Fox/Marth)
4. Mo (Marth)
5. Secks. (Falco)
6. Big Burn (Falcon)
7. Yosh (Yoshi)
8. Mexi (Falco)
9. Tyser (Samus)
10. Joker (Link/Marth)
11. Uli (Marth/Falcon)
12. V2K (Fox)
13. Love (Sheik)
14. Ian (Marth)
15. David (Falco)
16. Dekline (Falco)
17. Schism (Peach)
18. Kudo (Falco/Sheik)
19. Dozer (Marth)

Just typed this to show that everyone around here is gay and plays high tiers :p except Yosh and me because we're too good.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
the way in which you will advance is by going to every tournament that is held and beating players who are above you in tourneys/smashfest tourneys.

Joker holds tourneys at least once a month, i think that i will start holding monthly melee tourneys as well if people are interested. i think davids basement or mine is the ideal place to hold melee tourney/smashfests or tysers house for smashfest (just going by what has been done in the past.) by placing consistently higher than others and/or beating those people in tourney will decrease the number beside your name which will cause you to rise or fall.
Nice dude. I would most definitely try to show up to every Tourney. Plus I'm gonna throw this out there too, Me and JBM were talking about going to Ohana this coming Summer. Anyone else interested?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
the last i heard dozer plays falcon as well as marth. decline also plays marth.

We should do Top 5 Teams players, that'd be interesting.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Ohana? Hawaii? Im game.

And I dont think those chars are their mains, I think they just play them. But we'll let them say for themselves :p.

Tyser

Smash Champion
As for Brawl rankings. I aint sure about the + things but I think this is how it is, sort of?

1. David
2. Joker
3. Smeesh
4. Tyser
5. Blank
6. -BC-
7. Razor?
8. CBK?
9. Andy?
10. JLO?

This is the gist of the Brawl rankings for top10 in my opinion. Someone should clarify whether this looks okay. I have no clue about that + shenanigens though.

worst teams player:
tyser
THIS! Teams are for chumps.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Tyser, I should be on the Brawl Rankings dude.

I'm gonna probably request some info from UNO some time this week or next week to see if there are programs there I can take so I can be with you guys.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I think it's based off a little bit of FFC and just overall whose better than whom. It looks correct to me. Where dont you agree, Ben?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
My week to cool off will probably prove really good for me. I'm gonna nerd the Sheik Threads and watch tons of vids to register things in my head.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
I think basing it off of who beats who is a good basis to start with. Obviously don't base it entirely on tourney placings, people have bad days. I agree with the current list.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
it look pretty right to me from what i've exp. cause i like take this game pretty lightly and not trying so serious that much. i like to have fun and i always do bad at tournys for some odd reasons. i should maybe start trying harder at the game

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
kudo your good you just never enter tourneys so its hard to judge who you win against and such.

if you actually entered tourneys half of the time i'm sure you'd be higher on the list.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
kudo your good you just never enter tourneys so its hard to judge who you win against and such.

if you actually entered tourneys half of the time i'm sure you'd be higher on the list.
true, its just that i cant really enter tournys that often anymore cause i never have any money. im a jobless asian thats family have money problems because we're in alot of debt. so i usually never have money at hand anymore. thats y i never enter tournys nowadays, my family cant give me money when i want it. and mostly cause my brother had to drop out of college for a year to work and help my familys debt

Tacoom

Smash Lord
.... these rankings should not be based off smashfests what so ever. Just tourny placings.....
Yea I was having a hard time addin up Jerrys 2 cents.. +6? what is this, golf? Ill slump golf. I dont recall losing to 6 individuals at the last tourney. Just a weak sauce shiek (that got his marth **** on) and ben donk. Maybe in the last 3 tourneys but then no other +# would make sence.
lol to this idea, we've tried this a number of times and only got folks complaining about thier rank and hurt egos.
The better way to rank peoples would to have everyone rank everyone else and submit all entrys into one list, either way It wont mean much

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
10. Joker (Link/Marth)

Just typed this to show that everyone around here is gay and plays high tiers :p except Yosh and me because we're too good.
T.T I feel bad for playing with Marth, but after playing with Tyser all of Friday, I think I'm just going to stick with Link all the way, the only reason I play Marth is cause of those them Furry's(Space Animals), also is kinda hard for me to switch between Brawl and Melee, but that aside.
HEED MY WORDS, I'LL MAKE IT MY PERSONAL GOAL TO BE THE BEST LINK IN THE MIDWEST(see how serious I'm, you can tell cause i wrote it in capitals and bold).

About the Brawl ranking, I say its just about right, wait. . . . . . . .Skizm is not even there what does that say about you,
HMM HMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. J/K

Tyser

Smash Champion
What Yosh said. And yeah, I didnt understand the +s at first either. Im still a little WTF-ish about them lol.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
The + are based on who you lose too Most recently as in like the last time you faced them, placings in tournaments and such.

me for example i have +2 because i lose to secks and echo most recently. Smeesh has +1 because everytime lately that it has come down to a tourney b/w me and him i beat him.

This is AS OF RIGHT NOW people if we were to do it based off of like a year ago till now it would be probably close to the same.

If people have there egos hurt too bad, get better at the game. That is what this list is for to hopefully motivate those of you who are close to the top or close to being in the list to go higher.

like i said this is up for discussion, so feel free to be as open as you want.

Bolt i don't consider you because you aren't Really in the smash scene very often, like maize, mtkd, blank and such.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
it would be kind of cool to have a big smashfest/tourney were all the players on the list would show up and everybody played each other.... then based off your record that is how you would be ranked... it would be kind of cool since some people are better against other people...i think that could be a good way to determine the real rankings in the ne/ia area if u were really serious about it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ this is exactly what i would like to do.

and if we wanted to do it as a tourney, SOLELY based on the list we'd do a round robin seeding of it where everyone plays everyone and whoever has the best record wins the tourney(i hate the idea but that seems to be the only way to prove yourself for this list). Sometime in december after finals i'm going to host a tourney at my place in my basement. More than likely it will be either the 13th, or 20th w/e works for people the best.

I expect ALL of NE/IA smash to be there, since that is when everyone is out of school and such.

no excuses.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
mango has to have the gayest falcon i've ever seen in my life....

tech chasing with falcon kick.

more than likely it will be the 20th. love you would be able to make it wouldn't you? i mean you guys wouldn't leave that weekend i'm assuming.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197728&page=17

tourney jan. 3-4 in ct vernon. who's interested? tickets are 221. tourney fee as of right now is 25, housing is provided at the venue so its like FC, and its on the east coast i've never been there and i'd like to go. i think anyone willing to go would have a blast and i think KC is thinking about going as well.

Top Bottom