• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NE one near Chicago area

Pete Chen

Smash Apprentice
Hi Zjiin, I was wondering if you guys were planning on playing tommorow. I live in the NW suburbs and was interested in going. Thanks.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately no, i dont really know what when and where these things are. and i work all day on wed's too. my current location is gurnee.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hi Zjiin, I was wondering if you guys were planning on playing tommorow. I live in the NW suburbs and was interested in going. Thanks.
heh, seems that by the time i checked the boards again, you already snuck into our little party... so yeh, you can come.;) Feel free to come on by Capps if you ever get the oppritunity.

explictness

Smash Rookie
heyyy

What's up my fellow smashers.

i'm new here, i live in Chicago, up by the lake. (5 - 10 minutes away from Lake Shore Drive)

ALOT of you guys are from the outer burbs. Any Smashers in Chicago area? lol i'll have to look over the thread again when i get a chance.

are there any local lan tounies going on? i'm not talking about no big smash thing like i read about in St. Luis on the 16th, but i mean something a little smalller. haha with like a 10 or 20 dollar buy in or w.e haha (sorry for language, too used to playing poker[texas hold em] and stuff)

I'm a Senior at Mather highschool today.
been playing smash for a while, i'm mainly on and off player like i am with war craft and CS and all that stuff.

my aim is Sidekickscoob if any of u guys wana chat or w.e

Smash Journeyman

i'm new here, i live in Chicago, up by the lake. (5 - 10 minutes away from Lake Shore Drive)

ALOT of you guys are from the outer burbs. Any Smashers in Chicago area? lol i'll have to look over the thread again when i get a chance.

are there any local lan tounies going on? i'm not talking about no big smash thing like i read about in St. Luis on the 16th, but i mean something a little smalller. haha with like a 10 or 20 dollar buy in or w.e haha (sorry for language, too used to playing poker[texas hold em] and stuff)

been playing smash for a while, i'm mainly on and off player like i am with war craft and CS and all that stuff.

explictness im from the chicago area if you wanna meet up let me know

Zjiin

Smash Master

You should come out to Palos Hills if you are free on wednesday for our smash night, since it's seemingly becomming more popular.

Let me know [773.632.6165]
leave a message if i dont pick up since i usually dont for unknown numbers (bill collectors scare me)

explictness

Smash Rookie
iight mario master i'll be sure to hit you up. haha

but **** alot of these meet ups and stuff is sooo far out in the burbs. haha i wana go to one in the city somewhere close. haha hopefully within 20 mins from my house. haha if not then i'll have to hit up the palos heights and what not. haha

**** i start work this week. sucks.

School 7 - 2
Girlfriend 2 - 3
Work 4 - 9
Smash 9 - sleep

is what ima do. haha for a LONGG time. my scheduale. dammit. i gota fit in lacrosse too....

Smash Journeyman
iight mario master i'll be sure to hit you up. haha

but **** alot of these meet ups and stuff is sooo far out in the burbs. haha i wana go to one in the city somewhere close. haha hopefully within 20 mins from my house. haha if not then i'll have to hit up the palos heights and what not. haha

**** i start work this week. sucks.

School 7 - 2
Girlfriend 2 - 3
Work 4 - 9
Smash 9 - sleep

is what ima do. haha for a LONGG time. my scheduale. dammit. i gota fit in lacrosse too....
explictness im in the city not the burb i sent you a pm hit me back and ill give you the address. where exactly do you live bro?

kyo you to you live in chicago where? im on indiana but im right down from lake shore drive

Nike

Smash Apprentice
You should come out to Palos Hills if you are free on wednesday for our smash night, since it's seemingly becomming more popular.

Let me know [773.632.6165]
leave a message if i dont pick up since i usually dont for unknown numbers (bill collectors scare me)
hey man, this is pretty close to me. is it open to anyone? If so i could probably bring a friend. also how many people do u usually have there?

Zjiin

Smash Master
hey man, this is pretty close to me. is it open to anyone? If so i could probably bring a friend. also how many people do u usually have there?
Open to anyone who wont spike a controller ont he floor if/when they loose. There are usually like 6-9 people who come on by, but the more the merrier though you might wanna bring an extra cube. 2 setups isnt cutting it anymore. It's all just friendly games to keep the skills sharp.

gimme a call if you do come, and remember i might not pick up but will call back if you leave a message.

alcheato

Smash Ace
My friends are absolutely no competition and there are like no smashers in the Mchenry County area that I know of so I may have to go up there sometime, Zjiin. What time do you guys usually start?

alcheato

Smash Ace
captain awesome, myself, and my brother are all in mchenry county...just saying
Ah yes...I forgot there are a few locals, although I can never get a hold of Captain Awesome. Well anytime you guys want to get owned : ) just drop a msg or contact me on AIM.

Zjiin

Smash Master
For those of you who have called or messaged me about more info on our wednesdays, it's free to anyone who wants to come like i said, and it's in palos hills. We start usually around 7:30, and most of the time we order some food once everyone's there. Since it's an apt complex it can be tricky to wing for the first time. So thanks to the magic of google here's how to get to:

8436 w 103rd terrace
Building 14 apt 309
Palos hills, 60465

Here's the apt complex on the corner of 103rd and 84th ave. Luckily, we're located in the building facing the corner. (14)

Here's a closer look on how to get in the lot, where you can park and the entrance you need to go into to get to me. (the second one from the left)

As you enter, go up the stairs and it's in the far right corner. (apt 309) Ring the bell and i'll probably let you in. Probably. I'm not going to post a picture of stairs, so use you imagination.

Feel free to ask anything further in detail without getting awkwardly personal.

AIM: Iamnotaword (but let me know because i'll have to add you for you to see me)

Nike

Smash Apprentice
sweet, this is hella close. i'm 95% sure i'm coming and bringing another. i'll bring a cube too if i come. also how many tvs do u have because i might be able to bring one, but its pretty small.

Zjiin

Smash Master
We have 3 setups and I think DLK is bringing another, so we should be all good. I guess people are showing up a little early this week, so feel free to come by any time after 6pm. Although, If someone can bring another game it would be appreciated, since my friend has one of mine and i haven't heard from him yet.

~Z

NinetyMiler

Smash Rookie
Man, I didn't know so many people played Smash around here. I stopped playing when I didn't find anyone challenging. But I love the game still. Anyone near Naperville? Zjinn's place is still a little far, but maybe I'll check it out.

My aim is NinetyMiler.

Zjinn, add me. I'll catch you later if I decide to come.

Vokuhila

Smash Cadet
Anyone up for a more, Indiana side of the Chicago suburbs. Try Whiting/Hammond? :D We always have 2-3 people here ready to play and we also have a few friends who drop by randomly to play.

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i live in chicago, i'm a train ride away from downtown (i live 10 minuets away from Damen) i dont have too many people around here to play smash with so i'm looking for people.
yea i live near there contact me to work something out ok dude. if you want to smash im ready any time.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Since the hotel crews after Huge Johns were so fun, i was thinking about doing somehting similar this week during wednesday smash night considering we usually have tons of people there anyways. We'll see what people think.

Top Bottom