• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Bi-Weekly Interest Thread

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
So, with the advent of everyone's new favorite game (Brawl, what else?) I'm thinking I may start hosting a Bi-Weekly or semi-regular smash event out of my house in Greensboro, NC. But, before I set up a time/date/etc. for the first event, I wanted to toss up a first post to get a showing of interest, so, if you would be interested in attending a Bi-Weekly Smash-Fest or other Regular SSBB event in the North Carolina/Greensboro/Charolette/Raleigh/Durham area, please leave me a post here.

Realistically, I probably only have room for between 16-24 people at max, but, that assumes this grows to be a rather popular Bi-Weekly event. Most likely the event would be held Saturdays starting shortly after noon (1:00-ish) And would continue up until Midnight or later depending on how long people are wanting to stay. I can also supply snacks and drinks for a 5 dollar venue/setup fee. It would have to be a Bring your own controller and I would need some people to chip in and bring extra Wiis/SSBB Copies.

So in short:
Greensboro/NC area Bi-Weekly event, starting shortly after Brawl releases, post here if you're interested. 5$ Venue Fee to cover drinks(Coke/etc., not beer) and pizza for everyone. Any remaining cash will go in a pot for a singles tournament in the afternoon.

That said, rules for the event would be pretty light. No Illegal crap, no stealing my stuff, or your balls are forfeit. Beyond that, anything goes. Rules for the actual tournament will be set up after Brawl is released and we figure out what settings to go with.

As a side note, I have enough room for ~4-5 people to crash at my place, but I would need advance notice of who intends to stay for the night.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Im down... and Lunaretic... how come i haven't heard of you... I live in greensboro as well... I would have love 2 play you in smash.... but it's 2 late.. time 2 head back 2 college...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I could go to Charlotte events on occasion. Anything in other places, such as Greensboro, I will only be able to participate in once in a long while. Sounds like a good idea, though.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yes More people in G Boro to play maybe you could hold some Melee events.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Yes More people in G Boro to play maybe you could hold some Melee events.
If There's enough interest, I'm certainly not averse to melee events. I may try to plan one sometime in the near future. Thanks for the replies so far guys. : )

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Im down... and Lunaretic... how come i haven't heard of you... I live in greensboro as well... I would have love 2 play you in smash.... but it's 2 late.. time 2 head back 2 college...
Never been to a tournament and only recently started getting interested in competative smash. Also only moved into Greensboro for college 3 semesters ago (Last august).

Edit Sorry on the late reply BTW, missed your post earlier.

ElonGlen

Smash Rookie
im at Elon, so greensboro would be good, ive got about 4 other people that would definatly want to do melee/brawl, so i would definatly be down

Top Bottom