• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naucitos' Yoshi videos

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Hey, figured i'd show you guys my yoshi videos, don't know if it'd be better to link specific videos or just my channel, but theres alot so i guess the channel would make more sense
www.youtube.com/user/naucitos

Also, i guess it can't hurt to link to tourney videos, just so people don't have to look through piles of other random matches

Bunny devil tournament round 1 vs Probrawler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2IBjkO_gNk

Bunny devil tournament round 2 vs Gigas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnl77SoqliM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw9YftrYa4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVdOD1ANQY

Third match of that set was easily one of my favorite matches ever, especially because of what turned it in his favor

Bwett

Smash Ace
I dunno if you wanted a critique but I'll give you a few pointers. Just watched you vs Ike.

You need to keep moving. There really shouldn't be a moment when you aren't doing an attack of some sort, whether you are hitting the enemy or not. Learn to ETS, it keeps up your mobility. Short hopping is a big deal with yoshi, use it more and try to bait your opponent. These are the big things, but besides that it looks like you have a pretty good grasp on Yoshi as a character

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i would, but i seem to have forgotten to mention that, surprised you didn't point out the habit i seem to have of walking into smash attacks >_>
Also, i've been ahving trouble with the ETS with tap jump off, so i stopped doing it in general, is my timing just off?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
A few things

Plz edge guard
CG that Ike
GR combos (if you want to call them combos?)
Bair combos

Thats about it pretty good Yoshi.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Umm, I saw other vids of you, courtesy of Serris. Also, I heard your style more from my friend Gigas. You camp on eggs way to much, use less. Yoshi cannot camp well so don't try it. You might've been misguided and tried camping his 3D. That won't end well.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Haha, so nice that you found me because of my friend linking the vids and not my thread on our board, lol

Also, yeah, i agree, i should probably edgeguard more, but eggspam off the edge works against alot of characters too, and against quite a few theres less worry about getting punished, and i don't want them close to me anyway

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm....I see what you mean there....but one word.

....George.

D

Deleted member

You camp on eggs way to much, use less. Yoshi cannot camp well so don't try it. You might've been misguided and tried camping his D3. That won't end well.
Yoshi can camp well and the only way he can beat D3 is by camping. It will end well =P

It seemed laggy, so i wont judge.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yoshi can camp well and the only way he can beat D3 is by camping. It will end well =P

It seemed laggy, so i wont judge.
Not with the guy he got beat by, his 3D is amazing and *****. It won't work always trust me.

EDIT: And that's near the best I've seen his 3D play.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
For some reason when you said 3d I thought of GaW. And why do you say that it is 3d not d3?.....>__>

D

Deleted member

Not with the guy he got beat by, his 3D is amazing and *****. It won't work always trust me.

EDIT: And that's near the best I've seen his 3D play.
Ive played a few D3s that are definately much better than that in tournament(he was good, dont get me wrong, and im sure lag affected him somewhat). In my opinion, camping puts the matchup at even or slightly at yoshis advantage, and by camping i dont mean just throwing eggs the whole time. Just throwing eggs to cause him to approach, lots of grabs and dairs, and more eggs. Because honestly, yoshi can approach, but one mistake is a chain grab.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I see what you mean, believe me when I say this, he was not near his best. I've beat his 3D, but it's a challenge for me. But my playstyle is to different than most Yoshi's. I applied my Fox style to my Yoshi. Dair---Dsmash and grabbing. It's a different outlook. That's how I beat him.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
use L as jump for ETS if you don't already
its hella easier
I actually just realized that im dumb and didn't know i was supposed to be jumping, which was why i wasn't able to do the ETS as well, but since 2 days ago i switched y to special, and that works great XD

Also, more good videos should be going up now, is there a way to sort out the random ones and leave them online, or should i just delete them? i guess i can link the ones here?
I can't really think of a decent way to decide which to delete/keep that wont look to some like im just keeping the ones i win XD

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
If that wasn't near his best, i'd like a chance to play his best, because those were some of the most intense matches i've ever played on wifi XD

Top Bottom