• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NASB 3: Choose Your Fighters

Picture this. Nickelodeon shadowdrops the trailer for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3. The hook is, like Smash Ultimate before, Everyone Is Here. All 40 characters have returned AND the duo fighters have split apart. This means we have 43 characters to play around with.

The catch? Any newcomer from the third game has to be from an established franchise. Not only does this mean the likes of Otis and Miko are out of the running, but there's even less of a chance to see a Fairly OddParents rep in the game.

To wrap your head around this, here's a list of franchises you can use, plus a complete list of characters from the previous two installments:
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, Plankton, Mr. Krabs
  • The Loud House: Lincoln, Lucy
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Aang, Toph, Zuko, Azula, Iroh
  • The Legend of Korra: Korra
  • Rugrats: Reptar
  • Jimmy Neutron: Jimmy, Hugh
  • The Ren and Stimpy Show: Ren, Stimpy, Powdered Toast Man
  • Danny Phantom: Danny, Ember
  • Hey Arnold: Helga, Gerald, Gertie
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Nigel
  • El Tigre: El Tigre
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Oblina
  • The Angry Beavers: Daggett, Norbert
  • Invader Zim: Zim, GIR
  • Rocko's Modern Life: Rocko
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot: Jenny
  • CatDog: CatDog
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michaelangelo, April, Shredder, Rocksteady
  • Garfield and Friends: Garfield
Any one of those shows can have a newcomer. Anyone outside of those programs will have to wait for DLC. You can get creative if you want.

With that out of the way, let the mayhem begin.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I'd love Ty Lee to be a fighter she would be like a Sheik/diddy kong hybrid super annoying to deal with and would get patched a lot.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would rather EIH and newcomers be mutually exclusive for NASB, but I guess if I had to put in some characters, I'd add one character for each one-character series, and make all bosses playable
  1. Cynthia
  2. Donnie
  3. Kuvira
  4. Sartana of the Dead
  5. Gromble
  6. Ed Bighead
  7. Shriek
  8. Odie
  9. Flying Dutchman
  10. King Jellyfish
  11. Clockwork
  12. Vlad Plasmius

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Are we actually counting Korra as a separate series here? It's still part of ATLA.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Only from franchises already in... I got some newcomer picks:
  • Heffer or Filbert
  • Odie
  • Vexus (from Teenager Robot)
  • The Greasers or Rancid Rabbit
  • Tommy Pickles
  • Lynn Jr. Loud
  • Skulker (One of the many ghosts)
  • Eliza Thornberry (using actual animals who fight for her)
  • Dib Membrane

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'll pick one fighter for each franchise.
  • SpongeBob: Fred
  • The Loud House: Luan
  • Korra: Asami Sato
  • Rugrats: Reptar Robot
  • Jimmy Neutron: Sheen
  • Ren & Stimpy: Waffle Woman (PTM semi-clone)
  • Danny Phantom: Vlad
  • Hey Arnold: Sewer King
  • Thornberries: Donnie
  • El Tigre: Granpapi Rivera
  • Ahh! Real Monsters: The Gromble
  • Angry Beavers: Oxnard Montalvo
  • Zim: Professor Membrane
  • Rocko: Ed Bighead
  • MLaaTR: Vexus
  • CatDog: Rancid Rabbit
  • TMNT: Rat King
  • Garfield: Jon

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Its a separate series.
In the sense that it's a show with its own name sure, but it's still part of the ATLA IP. Same way as All Grown Up is still part of Rugrats or Planet Sheen is tied to Jimmy Neutron or the many Spongebob spin-offs are just that, Spongebob spin-offs. In Korra's case it's even a continuation of the same world and story, just further down the timeline.

I suppose it ultimately doesn't matter for the purposes of this thread, I just want to know if we're allowed to pick 2 og ATLA characters or if the second has to have debuted in Korra.

Edit: adding the list

Spongeboymebob: Man Ray
TMNT: Aska
Danny Phantom: Skulker
ATLA: Sokka
Korra: Asami
MLTR: Vexus

As is probably evident, my knowledge of Nick is pretty limited.

Last edited:
For this thread, Korra does count as its own separate IP. All Grown Up, Kamp Koral, The Patrick Star Show, and Planet Sheen do not. Those spinoffs have direct ties to prior properties. Meanwhile, Korra's ties to A:TLA aren't as obvious. Ergo, it could squeeze by as its own series by my book.

But in all seriousness, I'm already seeing some interesting choices for newcomers. Major props to FazDude FazDude and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for some really inspired oddballs. Cynthia? Rancid Rabbit? Oxnard Montalvo?

As for the limit of "existing series only", I knew people were going to add Timmy Turner (or some other FOP rep) regardless, so I thought I'd challenge the speculation crowd a little. I can say that you all accepted the challenge, including Kirbeh Kirbeh .

Top Bottom