• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nas vs. Jay-z

ww.havok

Smash Apprentice
Deada** Link226,hyper-link and Phd keep on the f**king topic...."Nas and Jay-z who won" understand....not many f**king paragraph of wat you think about other atist and there gay lives or for the time they been in the game.And if you want to catfight theres other category for that **** so type your a**es out of my thread!

Hyper-link i red most of this bulls**t and you make no type of sencse...and of lot of lies..and the birth of hip-hop stays here in the BRONX.Hyper-link you lost,Link226 congratulation you won this catfight.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
You weren't even in the discussion

Second you can't spell

Third, now me and Link226 are talking bout how raw The Game is

Fourth, PHD was on topic probably the most of anyone

Fifth, your post count is lower than both of us, so we own you

Sixth, all those people you named, combined are less popular than NWA :)
I might as well name people from Chicago that YOu never heard of like Young Blaze, White Boy, Consequence, Lupe Fiasco, Shawnna, etc.

And the crazy part is only one of those artists are truly underground

And the last thing

The Topic was titled Nas vs. jay-Z

Not Ether vs. Takeover
Not H-OMO vs. Super Ugly

People just started talking bout that old *** beef, they friends now, so those 4 songs don't mean nothing. I argued all the facts about everything that makes each of them raw, then after that I decided to end it, cuz I don't really support Jay-Z that much to be defended them, I like both equally.

Link226

Smash Ace
You weren't even in the discussion

Second you can't spell

Third, now me and Link226 are talking bout how raw The Game is

Fourth, PHD was on topic probably the most of anyone

Fifth, your post count is lower than both of us, so we own you

Sixth, all those people you named, combined are less popular than NWA :)
I might as well name people from Chicago that YOu never heard of like Young Blaze, White Boy, Consequence, Lupe Fiasco, Shawnna, etc.

And the crazy part is only one of those artists are truly underground

And the last thing

The Topic was titled Nas vs. jay-Z

Not Ether vs. Takeover
Not H-OMO vs. Super Ugly

People just started talking bout that old *** beef, they friends now, so those 4 songs don't mean nothing. I argued all the facts about everything that makes each of them raw, then after that I decided to end it, cuz I don't really support Jay-Z that much to be defended them, I like both equally.
.....It seems like u live in ur own lil world in chi-town...lol Ur older than me and dont know who the real roxanne is!!? shes as known as Run DMC....probably not 2 u cuz u live so far, I kno who consequence is ( he was wit flipmode but they gave him the boot, o and he was in that hot song on college dropout with kanye....that spaceship song) and i kno whos lupe and i kno whos shawwna but not sure of young blaze or white boy....but young blaze is a wanna b just blaze u could tell by the name :laugh:

**** u a hypocrite...first u say Run DMC isnt all that now they popular? LOL make up ur mind

ww.havok

Smash Apprentice
Hyper-link are you f**King carzy,stupid? I was not in the discussion this is my f**king thread....again are you carzy,stupid? Dude if i was a mod i would had closed you not the thread....LMAO at you.......you and link226 are talking about "how raw the game is" but you know nothing about him......What ya was talking about was how stupid you are and why you tryed to beat some1 who clearly knew more then you, but you went on wrote pages to this guy so he can write back to you a sen. or two and show how STUPID you are ........and i looked at his profile he's only 15(you know how old you are)and he showed you wat it is to lose.And yes the topic was Nas vs. jay-z but if you was smart enough you would had opened it and looked wat it had said(man you chi-town guys are stupid)there is more then just the topic.And link226 is my cuzin so no we own you.Smh.........and again link226 you won

PHD

Smash Apprentice
@ Hyper-Link
I saw those racist remarks on message boards too after kanye made that statement. I was also a little angry. What he said was very very brave of him, I don't think I could have done it. But I was just saying that I don't think it hurt his fanbase much, since I'm pretty sure most of the people that actually do listen to him wouldn't be too upset with his remarks.

I'll drop my argument about the Game, I've only heard his songs from the Documentary and I haven't listened to the radio a lot or kept up with him in a while.

I still don't like Nelly, I never have. I still think he's mainly a pop rapper who has an ok song every once in a while. Everyone has a song with good lyrics every once in a while, but I think consistency is what's really important.

And back on topic, I'll say that grammies mean something when comparing artists like Jay-Z and Kanye West who are both extremely popular. Grammies don't really have much weight when comparing Nas and Jay-Z. Nas was only in the limelight when he made bad albums like I Am and Nastradamus, while Jay-Z has always been a very popular artists. Only the most popular artists win grammies, not the best. If that were the case, Talib Kweli would have a **** load of grammies.

The analogy to sports doesn't really hold since you don't really have people voting for you to win. Awards in music are based on popularity and opinion, while awards in sports are based on pure skill. There are plenty of good artists out there who haven't been recognized for their skill because they aren't "marketable", and we all know this. When Nas stopped making that gangsta **** and started making more conscious albums, he went the route of Talib Kweli and wasn't as marketable.

Jay-Z however chose to stay marketable, and make music that he even admits he doesn't want to make. You seriously have to respect artists like Kweli who make what they want and don't sell out. Jay-Z is a talented artist, but the quality of his work is seriously diminished by trying appeal to the popular audience which responds to gangster fantasies, drug stories, and the objectification of women. When Nas stopped doing that, his rhymes got more complex, and his songs became more interesting. Jay-Z on the other hand has held himself back by limiting his topics, and every once in a while on a few songs, saying what he really feels.

@ ww.havok
Calm down man. We're just talking. There's nothing wrong with good discussion. Most of it is on topic, with a few comments about other rappers here and there. No need to get so upset.

ww.havok

Smash Apprentice
PHD;1658400 @ ww.havok Calm down man. We're just talking. There's nothing wrong with good discussion. Most of it is on topic said:
@ PHD no doubt theres nothing wrong with discussion but to talk about somthing that is off topic(and yes the other 2 link226 and hyper-link went off topic)is changing wat my thread says because others will join this discussion and what the topic was on will go to the trash and that the reason i had to stop this but it seems u dont listen.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
@Havoc
Um, we already discussed nas vs. jay-Z it's basically an opnion, no one will change their mind. Jay-Z makes better albums(to me), and Nas for the most part has better lyrics and also "drops knowledge"

The topic was asked to be closed a while back, so yo argument is futile. So we can either let the topic die, or start a new discussion to keep it alive, which is what we doing. You obviously don't know much about the topic which is why you didn't partake in it :)

You also shouldn't have revealed that's yo cousin, cuz it means yo a$$ is biased against will be on his side no matter what which makes you a dickrider, and you can just take your business elsewhere. Why you mad cuz I can actually esplain my points in paragraphs and yo dumba$$ can't even spell crazy right?:laugh:

Yo young a$$ got like 30 posts go run around in a playground somewhere

I know who the real roxanne is. They even mentioned her on that Eminem and 12 song(Yes Midwest runs this)

And like I said, only one of those rappers I named is underground. The rest are mainstream, consequence on like 7 Kanye songs, Shawnna had like 5 music videos, Lupe got a couple videos out. White boy made an album last year and even had John legend and Kanye on the track, but kinda sucked and never blew up. Young Blaze is this raw rapper that can rap fast as hell, he on myspace and he got on the cover of a magazine, he tryna blow up too

@PHDAnd I know it seems Nelly is just a pop rapper, but even his "club" type songs still have good lyrics. he doesn't make garbage songs like other pop type rappers. And yes Talib Kweli is good lyrically, but he's still missing something. I got his album the Beautiful Struggle and even though his lyrical talent is good, he mostly drops knowledge, and has a few metaphors. He's not strong in punchlines, metaphors(usually), or hook writing or some other things. I know he's still GREAT lyrically, but they are MANY things that determine your lyrical abillities. Droppin Knowledge like Common/Kanye/Nas/Immortal technique, Metaphors like Young Jeezy, Kanye, The Game, punchlines(which are like the best of all) like Cassidy/Cyssero/JR Writer/, how well you flow or change your tempo like Ludacris or Eminem, or how well you flow ALL THE TIME, like Krayzie Bone/Twista

Talib mostly falls into the Nas/Immortal technique/Common category. It doesn't mean he's some underground rapping god though. Tracks like Goin Hard and I Try and a few others are fantastic songs, but at the same time he has songs like Work it out, or Never been in love or some others aren't that great, and top of that, aren't even catchy cuz he chooses some horrible sounding beats

And I feel just Like Nas, Jay-Z towards the end of his career went less gangsta **** and drug and whatnot. I can't even think of a song of Jay rappin bout drugs and whatnot. the closest thing is talkin bout Hustlin, but ain't nothing wrong with that. He really said what he felt in songs like Encore which is to me his greatest song ever, and didn't bite any lines. Songs like What More Can i say, My 1st Song, december 4th, etc. He went truly heartfelt, and rapped bout real stuff.

Link226

Smash Ace
@Havoc
Um, we already discussed nas vs. jay-Z it's basically an opnion, no one will change their mind. Jay-Z makes better albums(to me), and Nas for the most part has better lyrics and also "drops knowledge"

The topic was asked to be closed a while back, so yo argument is futile. So we can either let the topic die, or start a new discussion to keep it alive, which is what we doing. You obviously don't know much about the topic which is why you didn't partake in it :)

You also shouldn't have revealed that's yo cousin, cuz it means yo a$$ is biased against will be on his side no matter what which makes you a dickrider, and you can just take your business elsewhere. Why you mad cuz I can actually esplain my points in paragraphs and yo dumba$$ can't even spell crazy right?:laugh:

I know who the real roxanne is. They even mentioned her on that Eminem and 12 song(Yes Midwest runs this)

And like I said, only one of those rappers I named is underground. The rest are mainstream, consequence on like 7 Kanye songs, Shawnna had like 5 music videos, Lupe got a couple videos out. White boy made an album last year and even had John legend and Kanye on the track, but kinda sucked and never blew up. Young Blaze is this raw rapper that can rap fast as hell, he on myspace and he got on the cover of a magazine, he tryna blow up too

@PHDAnd I know it seems Nelly is just a pop rapper, but even his "club" type songs still have good lyrics. he doesn't make garbage songs like other pop type rappers. And yes Talib Kweli is good lyrically, but he's still missing something. I got his album the Beautiful Struggle and even though his lyrical talent is good, he mostly drops knowledge, and has a few metaphors. He's not strong in punchlines, metaphors(usually), or hook writing or some other things. I know he's still GREAT lyrically, but they are MANY things that determine your lyrical abillities. Droppin Knowledge like Common/Kanye/Nas/Immortal technique, Metaphors like Young Jeezy, Kanye, The Game, punchlines(which are like the best of all) like Cassidy/Cyssero/JR Writer/, how well you flow or change your tempo like Ludacris or Eminem, or how well you flow ALL THE TIME, like Krayzie Bone/Twista

Talib mostly falls into the Nas/Immortal technique/Common category. It doesn't mean he's some underground rapping god though. Tracks like Goin Hard and I Try and a few others are fantastic songs, but at the same time he has songs like Work it out, or Never been in love or some others aren't that great, and top of that, aren't even catchy cuz he chooses some horrible sounding beats

And I feel just Like Nas, Jay-Z towards the end of his career went less gangsta **** and drug and whatnot. I can't even think of a song of Jay rappin bout drugs and whatnot. the closest thing is talkin bout Hustlin, but ain't nothing wrong with that. He really said what he felt in songs like Encore which is to me his greatest song ever, and didn't bite any lines. Songs like What More Can i say, My 1st Song, december 4th, etc. He went truly heartfelt, and rapped bout real stuff.
dont take his opinions has biased answers....cuz i havent really spoken 2 the dude like in 3 years...yo u still any good in SSBM havoc? lol

But yea u only kno roxanne cuz of an eminem album? LOL thats sad it seems like u only kno about music around ur side...so ur opinion holds no weight.

ww.havok

Smash Apprentice
@Havoc

30 post no stupid more like 80-85.......and its not my fault i got a life and you dont......You thought you was cool because you have like 500-600 post but nah you not.And the topic was asked to be closed because of ****** like you and the bulls**t you was producing to this ***** link226.And a dickrider lmao @ you a few post back when you responded back to me wit some bulls**t trying to defend link226 and yourself like if you 2 was buddys good old pals:laugh: but im the d**krider ............And im not mad that you like to spend your day writing essays to boys im just mad that it takes you so much time to explain your point......o.k you got it i spelled crazy wrong ........you cant spell explain dumba**:laugh:

LoL yea wats good my ***** link226 we taking over this smashboard ****.and yea im ***** nice in ssbm but where you been at...lol yea i ***** been like 3-4 years that **** is carzy but yo i see u when i do.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
@ Hyper-Link

I don't know, most of the songs I hear from Nelly are like Tip Drill, Hott in Here, and Pimp Juice. It's hard for me to take him seriously when he actually comes out with a product called Pimp juice. Maybe he does have some songs that are meaningful, but the songs that he's known for stand out more than anything. Pimp Juice just sounds like a joke to me, I can't help it. On top of that, I'm not a fan of rappers trying to sing, or singers trying to rap. Nelly tries that crossover stuff a little too much for me, and I don't think it works too well for him.

As for Talib Kweli, you happened to get his worst album unfortunately. His other albums, Quality, and Refection Eternal are much better. Almost all the songs on both of those albums are good. Instead of "lacking" something like on The Beautiful Struggle, he actual seems to have something more on those two albums. I especially like Reflection Eternal, because it has a very relaxed feel.

And Jay-Z actually did get a little bit more personal on his last two albums, which I somewhat liked. But that doesn't change the fact that nearly all of his career was based on appealing to pop culture's standards, instead of the hardcore hip hop crowd. Nas did it for about three years, but fortunately enough it didn't last throughout his entire career, and wasn't even there in the beginning.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
@The two *******. 'm just getting high blood pressure arguing with some dumba$$es. At least Link226 participated in the **** argument, yo dumba$$ ain't posted $hit but words that ain't have $hit to do with rap. U acting like I ain't got a life, you a youngass teenager somewhere, my pubic hairs older than you *****, go play in the traffic. :laugh: You just mad cuz I get mo' a$$ than you, I'm smarter than you, I can type betta than you, and you can click on my sig for myspace, and tagged pages to see all the chicks on my nuts *****. So youngin, respect ya elders, and do some cartwheels on the freeway.

@ Havoc
No wonder. It's because of the singles he produces. But you have to listen to songs that he kept on his album that weren't meant for the club. Like Number 1, or his latest album Sweat, which has Heart of a Champion, and the song Die for You which was dedicated to his daughter. Especially the latter, cuz it showed he can really make some meaningful, and/or lyrical songs. Actually I think nelly might sound a little better while singing, lol

But hey look at R. kelly, he rapped on the song with jay-Z and Twista, and he was nearly rapping at twista's pace. punchlines and all. It's a shame when Jay-Z got murdered by Twista and a singer :laugh:

And luckily I didn't really listen to Jay-Z before 2003, BARELY. So all those Big Pimping days never effected me. So I probably absorbed the best of his career

Link226

Smash Ace
Ether - The reason Jigga retired:laugh:

You talkin a little to much................Jay-z made 2 more cds after all was said and done it took him some time but he naver said he was retiring....and thats why nas is jay-z DOGGY:laugh: @ You......But no lie on all the other facts that dude should get off smashboards:laugh: @him 2.
.....nice 2 kno u did a lil edit....u did this on the 8th of august...what took u so long? u had 2 do a lil research of jigga 2 figure this out? or u just wanted 2 prove hyper-link wrong so u can show u were in the arguement? and u keep putting the laughing faces as if it makes it funny...cuz more than half of every post u do u put a laughing face... nothing u said was funny....stop gassing urself. I bet u cant even name the 2 weak albums he did after...without lookin it up

***** how many times i need 2 tell u? its never....not naver

Link226

Smash Ace
O and 4 kanye being gay i think im rite.....

****EXCLUSIVE****August 24. When most celebrities learn that MediaTakeOut.com is doing on a story on them, they usually run for cover. But when Kanye West learned that we were doing a story questioning his sexuality, he did the unthinkable - he got engaged!Since Kanye West burst on the scene three years ago, rumors regarding his sexuality have persisted. Last year the Chicago rapper added fuel to the fire when he told an interviewer that his high school friends used to call him "a fa@@ot." In the same interview, he recalled questioning his own sexuality, saying "I would go back and question myself, like, '****, why does everyone else walk like this, and I walk like this?'"And a month ago, a member of Kanye's tight-knit inner circle approached MediaTakeOut.com with some startling revelations. According to the tipster, Kanye West was engaged in what could only be described as an oddly close relationship with labelmate John Legend. In a pre-interview discussion, the tipster claimed that the two platinum selling artists routinely shared a hotel room while on the road. And that there exists a "very close bond" between Kanye, Legend and music producer Raphael Saadiq.But MediaTakeOut.com was never able to conduct a detailed interview of Kanye's pal. On the scheduled interview date, MediaTakeOut.com received a frantic message from our tipster saying, "Kanye knows that someone's been talking to reporters ... please don't tell anyone it was me." Two days after we received the message, Kanye announced that he was getting engaged.Developing...

sorry 4 the double post...

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, that is the dumbest **** I ever heard in my life. Kanye West's girlfriend was at the BET awards and she is FINE as hell. Much finer than any other rapper chic I seen besides Beyonce. And just last couple of weeks it's all over Tv that they are about to get married. My mom is ignorant with rappers and she came to me one day like "You Know Kanye's getting married to his girlfriend?" . The $hit was even on my compuserve homepage article, you silly a$$

And John Legend is like Ray Charles. A piano playing manwhore. WTF you get him bein gay from?

That's like calling Common gay, or Snoop Dog gay, or Dr. dre gay, or Eminem gay.

And Eminem and Snoop have done much more things to make them considered gay than Kanye ever did. Em dressing up like girls wearing panty hose, and having homosexual lyrics, and Snoop with long nails and permed hair.

You crazy as hell

PHD

Smash Apprentice
@ Havoc
No wonder. It's because of the singles he produces. But you have to listen to songs that he kept on his album that weren't meant for the club. Like Number 1, or his latest album Sweat, which has Heart of a Champion, and the song Die for You which was dedicated to his daughter. Especially the latter, cuz it showed he can really make some meaningful, and/or lyrical songs. Actually I think nelly might sound a little better while singing, lol

But hey look at R. kelly, he rapped on the song with jay-Z and Twista, and he was nearly rapping at twista's pace. punchlines and all. It's a shame when Jay-Z got murdered by Twista and a singer :laugh:

And luckily I didn't really listen to Jay-Z before 2003, BARELY. So all those Big Pimping days never effected me. So I probably absorbed the best of his career
@ Hyper-Link:

There's not really nuch else to debate. :( Oh well good arguments i guess? :ohwell:

@Link226:

I really don't see why Kanye being gay would make any difference in his artistic ability, even though he's not..

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
@ PHD

Ya good argument. I can agree that as far as lyricists go Nas is probably superior, mainly because he says real stuff and drops knowledge. And when Jay is good lyrically it's mostly punchlines do to being rich or on top, which there is nothing wrong with, but ya... I gotcha

But I'll say both can improve in different areas. Jay-Z talking bout real stuff and things like he did at the END of his career. And Nas making more albums frequently, and make albums more like God's Son and less like Street's Disciple

And ya you're right, even if he was gay, that has nothing to do with how great of a rapper he is. I'm a 18 year old black kid, and even I can get down with a few Elton John tracks. And I do NOT like gay people at all, and I barely like soft rock type caucasion music. Yet I like about 6-8 Elton tracks. Just like Eminem. Him being gay, didn't stop 'Em from working with him

Link226

Smash Ace
lol, that is the dumbest **** I ever heard in my life. Kanye West's girlfriend was at the BET awards and she is FINE as hell. Much finer than any other rapper chic I seen besides Beyonce. And just last couple of weeks it's all over Tv that they are about to get married. My mom is ignorant with rappers and she came to me one day like "You Know Kanye's getting married to his girlfriend?" . The $hit was even on my compuserve homepage article, you silly a$$

And John Legend is like Ray Charles. A piano playing manwhore. WTF you get him bein gay from?

That's like calling Common gay, or Snoop Dog gay, or Dr. dre gay, or Eminem gay.

And Eminem and Snoop have done much more things to make them considered gay than Kanye ever did. Em dressing up like girls wearing panty hose, and having homosexual lyrics, and Snoop with long nails and permed hair.

You crazy as hell
Yea i kno but thats da point go 2 da website thats on it...kanye already got married i think and theres no pics n even his family members said they werent invited. Wait y am i silly cuz kanye really did question his like in sex? LOL dont get mad...u talkin about u 18 n u still name callin like a lil girl grow up. i could c u dont read...i didnt make that up...all that is true...and it came from the website...just go check it out...o yea but em just b playing around....kanye was serious about his **** so hes more gay hands down. Homosexual lyrics? So u think biggies gay 2? Cuz hes prolly the king for having homosexual lyrics. And yea about the snoop thing i guess ur right....

yo u saw it?

One blood video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXUihiFStA

Link226

Smash Ace
@ Hyper-Link:

There's not really nuch else to debate. :( Oh well good arguments i guess? :ohwell:

@Link226:

I really don't see why Kanye being gay would make any difference in his artistic ability, even though he's not..
Did i ever say it makes a difference? No, im just saying its kinda wierd if u constantly tryna defend a gay guy...makes me suspect u

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Well look here, Michael jackson has the most homosexual stuff said about him, grew up in a strict jehovah's Witness household which i can relate to, and got abused by his father, and got cursed by turning white.

but who has the BEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME? That's right. Michael jackson. Thriller did better than every album in history so yeah.

I don't think Biggie, is gay cuz I don't give a **** about him. he has some good songs, but the ***** is overrated. And Eminem can dresses up like chics CONSTANTLY raps about ***** in male ***** and other strange ****, and can never saty with a girl for longer than a couple months.

Did you know after he made When I'm gone , he got back with hailey's Mom, and then divorced her like 3 months ago?

And give me a link to the article about kanye, but that story stills sounds like bull$hit. Wanna know why? Even if kanye was gay, he's the most cocky arrogant mmuhf*cka in the industry. If someone saw him being gay with John legend, he'd never say "Please don't tell anyone"

He'd say "****** get outta my business, and f*ck the haterz."
he'd say "So what if I'm gay, y'all ain't harassing Elton John like this you crackas, if you write anything about me, I'll sue yo *** till you bankrupt"

But since we all know he isn't gay, since he's engaged, and he's with that girl 24/7, plus she is fine as hell. And gay people don't use the words "******s", like he did in his song on DJ Khaled's album

me friend even showed me an article that was like "isn't Kanye's use of the word ******s in grammy family hypocritical since he stated that gay bashing in the rap industry needs to stop last year?"

That One Blood is raw as hell, the video coulda been a little better though. I seen it on 106 & park a couple days ago

ha, and I was at Gamespot lookin at Smash bros ****, and then on the side it says Elton john wants to work with Snoop Dogg, Kanye, and Eminem in the next year

What i wanna see is what Kanye and Michael jackson might end up doing. Michael even said he wants to work with Em, but I doubt that'll happen since, Eminem doesn't have any soul, and plus he dissed him way too many times.

but hell kanye and Michael can do something similar to that song Busta Rhymes did with Rick James

PHD

Smash Apprentice
@ PHD

Ya good argument. I can agree that as far as lyricists go Nas is probably superior, mainly because he says real stuff and drops knowledge. And when Jay is good lyrically it's mostly punchlines do to being rich or on top, which there is nothing wrong with, but ya... I gotcha

But I'll say both can improve in different areas. Jay-Z talking bout real stuff and things like he did at the END of his career. And Nas making more albums frequently, and make albums more like God's Son and less like Street's Disciple

And ya you're right, even if he was gay, that has nothing to do with how great of a rapper he is. I'm a 18 year old black kid, and even I can get down with a few Elton John tracks. And I do NOT like gay people at all, and I barely like soft rock type caucasion music. Yet I like about 6-8 Elton tracks. Just like Eminem. Him being gay, didn't stop 'Em from working with him
Nas' beat selection has always been a little off. Even his most diehard fans recognize that. But when he does get a good beat, the song is good as ****.

Some of Elton John's tracks are pretty cool, I think, I might be thinking of the Beatles, i dunno. I'm a 18 year old black kid too haha.

I'm surprised you said you don't like gay people at all. That sounds kinda harsh. I don't really mind them. Just treat them like everyone else, as long as they aren't *******s to me and treat me with respect then I'm cool.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Oh naw, I do't mean I'd like insult em or talk about em or nothing like that. In fact most our nice, this one dude who I found out was really gay and not just had a lisp, gave me his leftover materials for my Final Bio Project.

But I'd never act mean or like try to beat em up or anything. I just don't really like 'em. Especially the snotty kind, they think they are doing good, and I grew up in a strict religious household so, I'm like the only person who'll save all the love whoever you want crap, and straight up tell them that it's an abomination. Then tell 'em about the story of Sodam, and how God burned the whole city down because everyone in the town committed "sodamy"

I thought Nas' beats were mostly okay(Haven't heard much though)

But Kweli is the one who needs serious instrumental help

PHD

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok, just the way you made it sound, it was like you don't like any of them, no question. I could understand how you don't like stuck up people, but everyone can get like that. I guess I don't really mind them as much as you because I'm not particularly religious.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
I haven't heard the remix, just the original. Kanye West did a lot of the production on Kweli's album Quality. I think Get By was one, he also did Guerrilla Monsoon Rap which is also a good song. I forgot the other songs he did on the album though.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Hmm I still haven't heard Quality, the first time I heard seen him was the I Try video with Mary J Blige, which Kanye also produced. But ya the remix was great, i swear everyone was at their best, even jay and Busta.

I'ma have to find/download that Guerilla Monsoon rap, by Talib

Link226

Smash Ace
Well look here, Michael jackson has the most homosexual stuff said about him, grew up in a strict jehovah's Witness household which i can relate to, and got abused by his father, and got cursed by turning white.

but who has the BEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME? That's right. Michael jackson. Thriller did better than every album in history so yeah.

I don't think Biggie, is gay cuz I don't give a **** about him. he has some good songs, but the ***** is overrated. And Eminem can dresses up like chics CONSTANTLY raps about ***** in male ***** and other strange ****, and can never saty with a girl for longer than a couple months.

Did you know after he made When I'm gone , he got back with hailey's Mom, and then divorced her like 3 months ago?

And give me a link to the article about kanye, but that story stills sounds like bull$hit. Wanna know why? Even if kanye was gay, he's the most cocky arrogant mmuhf*cka in the industry. If someone saw him being gay with John legend, he'd never say "Please don't tell anyone"

He'd say "****** get outta my business, and f*ck the haterz."
he'd say "So what if I'm gay, y'all ain't harassing Elton John like this you crackas, if you write anything about me, I'll sue yo *** till you bankrupt"

But since we all know he isn't gay, since he's engaged, and he's with that girl 24/7, plus she is fine as hell. And gay people don't use the words "******s", like he did in his song on DJ Khaled's album

me friend even showed me an article that was like "isn't Kanye's use of the word ******s in grammy family hypocritical since he stated that gay bashing in the rap industry needs to stop last year?"

That One Blood is raw as hell, the video coulda been a little better though. I seen it on 106 & park a couple days ago

ha, and I was at Gamespot lookin at Smash bros ****, and then on the side it says Elton john wants to work with Snoop Dogg, Kanye, and Eminem in the next year

What i wanna see is what Kanye and Michael jackson might end up doing. Michael even said he wants to work with Em, but I doubt that'll happen since, Eminem doesn't have any soul, and plus he dissed him way too many times.

but hell kanye and Michael can do something similar to that song Busta Rhymes did with Rick James
Here ya go

http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/Kanye_Engaged.html

Link226

Smash Ace
****** please stop frontin on my man Jay. Nas is alright but Jay is better hands down,
Nobodys frontin i think jay is nice 2 but nas is betta....look at their catalogs then u tell me whos betta....cuz illmatic is betta than all of jays album

And jigga himself said he lost so wtf?

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Naw Black Album was better than illmatic man, you must not have heard it from Track 1 through the end or something.

The reason Nas is more lyrically cuz in the days of Big Pimpin Jay-Z wasn't that great

But they both got they ups and downs

Link226

Smash Ace
Naw Black Album was better than illmatic man, you must not have heard it from Track 1 through the end or something.

The reason Nas is more lyrically cuz in the days of Big Pimpin Jay-Z wasn't that great

But they both got they ups and downs
Yea they do have ups and downs...but son Illmatic is one of the most important albums in hip-hop ever man...i kno u heard that **** numerous of times. The only jay album thats close is Reasonable doubt....its actually almost a tie to me....nas wins by like the size of a nail

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Ya that's sorta why I eased outta the argument, i gotta get some more Nas AND some more Jay-Z albums. Only albums I heard from start to finish were Blue Print and Black Album. Bits of Illmatic, Blueprint 2, I don't even think I heard reasonable Doubt, bits of Stillmatic, etc.

But both god songs whee you just be like "**** MAN THIS **** RAW AS HELL"
(One Mic, What More Can I Say, I Know I Can, December 4th, My 1st Song, Ethe, takeover, H to the Omo, Don't Body yasel-which gotta be the rawest Nas diss ever, maybe.... With Game on it it probably is)

Then they got booty songs like (Oochie Wally Wally, Big Pimpin, Super Ugly, Rewind-(to me), that crappy verse Jay spit on the Pharrell song, Change Clothes, etc

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Where the f*** you just come from!?

The argument been resolved, you late as hell man

But anyways, Jay-Z officially came outta retirement, and if he drops an album before nas, then Nas "officially" fell his *** off

If the new album is even close to Black Album, I doubt Nas's next release can top it, IF Nas even releases an album in the next year... :laugh:

Top Bottom