• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana throw to edgeguard

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've been messing around with the ICs lately, and I've found if, during a grab, you have nana dash attack and then hold down L and mash A repeatedly, Nana will stand behind the person you are attacking, and then instantly grab them once they break out of the grab.

This may seem silly, but when you are near an edge, nana always throws towards it. Nana also generally throws instantly (although sometimes she will hit twice, I haven't figured it out yet), which means you can follow up her grab to f-throw/b-throw with a forward air or back-air for an easy knockout.

So, in essence..

Popo grabs character near edge, you hit A to attack, then dash attack with Nana.

Holding down L and mashing A makes popo headbutt and Nana grab the air behind the enemy.

When the enemy inevitably breaks out, this causes Nana to instantly grab him.

If she is facing the edge, she will f-throw. This allows for another grab from popo, or a forward-air or back-air for a quick knockout. If she is facing away from the edge, this allows for a b-air or f-air, but no grab.

If you're really fast with your fingers, you can wavedash and charge a smash with popo as nana grabs the enemy.

Against characters like peach, jiggs, and samus, who die easily off the top, I've found that wavedashing forward and charging an up-smash and waiting for nana to throw the enemy can lead to some low % knockouts.

I haven't had the chance ot use this stuff on anyone other than my roomates, so I was wondering if you actual IC players could tell me if this was useful at all in a tournament-level match, and if it has been used, what have I left out?

Also, how do you determine how nana will throw in the midle of the stage? It seems random, with emphasis on d-throw and u-throw, as far as I can tell.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Also, how do you determine how nana will throw in the midle of the stage? It seems random, with emphasis on d-throw and u-throw, as far as I can tell.
I'm pretty sure it IS entirely random; you just have to react fast if you want to follow up on it.

Top Bottom