• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming of important DeDeDe moves thread.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ive already started a thread over at brawlcentral with this and weve come up with some names.
This isnt to name moves that are already simple such as (naming his Fsmash), its for naming stuff that could be useful in the game and would be too long to repeatedly right.

This is the list so far...

"Wdee"- Waddle Dee
"Wdoo"- Waddle Doo
"Regicide"- The intentional inhaling of the opponent by means of jumping off stage to kill both him as well as you. "Credit to
"Waddlepam"- The continuos repetition of using DDD's Side B, the "Waddle Dee Toss". Credit to "RinneganGod".
"HEPD"- Hammer Of Epic Pwning Destruction! "Credit to T-major"
"Gordowned"- Being KOED by a Gordo. Credit to "Fjurbanski"
"CJHW"- Charged Jet Hammer Walk
"CJHWing"- Charged Jet Hammer Walking
"Wall-dleing"- The act of throwing a Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo into an oncoming projectile
Credit to "Commander Blitkrieg"
"SDJC (Super Dedede Jump Cancel" - The canceling of the Super Dedede jump. This is done by pressing either down + B or down on the control stick.
"Penguin Stomp(PST)"- The continuos repetion of Grabbing your opponent and throwing him down.( Down Chain Grab) "Credit to Knux Echidna"
"Fatfalling" Falling of a cliff by means of Using Dedede's Super Dedede jump. Credit to "Snowbonez"

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Name: Wall-dle Dees
Tossing Waddle Dees into oncoming projectiles

Name: Backwash
Sucking in an opponent that has been shot at you from a Kirby or Dedede

Name: Catch and Regurgitate (CAR)
The frequent exchange of Backwashing between a Kirby and a King Dedede

Name: Final Smash (Side)
Stunning or Freezing an enemy, and then using a Smash Side (best attack in the game much?)

CO18

Smash Hero
lol...... Ill update the Wall-dle Dees one cuz that seem like it may come into use for dedede. :)

However... im not sure back about backwash and CAR.

Also im not sure what you mean about the stunning. (Dedede doesnt have a stunning move right.. unless ive been missing something.)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
lol...... Ill update the Wall-dle Dees one cuz that seem like it may come into use for dedede. :)

However... im not sure back about backwash and CAR.

Also im not sure what you mean about the stunning. (Dedede doesnt have a stunning move right.. unless ive been missing something.)
Well, I intend on using items when I play, if you get my drift.

And it's Blitzkrieg, not Blitkrieg..

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Anybody think that King Dedede can do a variation of the wall of pain with his five jumps...the hammer of pain (HoP)?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Rewaddle guarding: Sucking up a Waddle Dee/Doo/Gordo, and shooting it at players trying to recover. In other words, edguarding by Rewaddling.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Name: JetGuarding
Edgeguarding with a charged Jet Hammer.

Name: Fetch
Tossing a Waddle Dee/Doo/Gordo to destroy an item (Smash Balls especially).
^ Not sure about this one, but I think you can do it.

Name: Floaty-Hops
Multi-jumps.

CO18

Smash Hero
Name: JetGuarding
Edgeguarding with a charged Jet Hammer.

Name: Fetch
Tossing a Waddle Dee/Doo/Gordo to destroy an item (Smash Balls especially).
^ Not sure about this one, but I think you can do it.

Name: Floaty-Hops
Multi-jumps.
Ill add the Jetguarding one, but the Fetch is pretty much the same thing as your Wall-ddling.
Also, its just as easy to type multi jumps(not to mention people are already use to putting multijumps.)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Kind of a silly topic, but I'm just gonna toss out Dededeicide as a cooler term for swallowing and SDing. XD

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Kind of a silly topic, but I'm just gonna toss out Dededeicide as a cooler term for swallowing and SDing. XD
I was just about to suggest something like that! Sure, Suicidedede looks cool on paper, but it doesn't sound good when said out in public. I would shorten what Baka here said (Dededeicide) down to Dedeside. It rolls off the tongue and sounds silly at the same time. :p

Then again, that is just my opinion.

CO18

Smash Hero
I was just about to suggest something like that! Sure, Suicidedede looks cool on paper, but it doesn't sound good when said out in public. I would shorten what Baka here said (Dededeicide) down to Dedeside. It rolls off the tongue and sounds silly at the same time. :p

Then again, that is just my opinion.

Yeah your probably right, that sounds weird when you try to say it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was thinking "Penguin Shuffle" for his Chaingrab.

And even though it was initially a joke, I think I'm going to back the term "Undrlings" for the Waddles that Dedede can beckon. He's a king and all and they are living things he's using. Plus it's a play on my name. LOL... Anyway I've already got a few people using the term at *Pound 3* and here on the forums. ^_^

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ive already started a thread over at brawlcentral with this and weve come up with some names.
This isnt to name moves that are already simple such as (naming his Fsmash), its for naming stuff that could be useful in the game and would be too long to repeatedly right.

This is the list so far...

"WD"- Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo
"Suicidedede"- The intentional inhaling of the opponent by means of jumping off stage to kill both him as well as you. "Credit to T-major"
"Waddlespam"- The continuos repetition of using DDD's Side B, the "Waddle Dee Toss". Credit to "RinneganGod".
"HEPD"- Hammer Of Epic Pwning Destruction! "Credit to T-major"
"Gordowned"- Being KOED by a Gordo. Credit to "Fjurbanski"
"Rewaddle"- The act of inhaling a used Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, or Gordo and spitting it back out.
"CJHW"- Charged Jet Hammer Walk
"CJHWing"- Charged Jet Hammer Walking
"Wall-dleing"- The act of throwing a Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo into an oncoming projectile
Credit to "Commander Blitkrieg"
"Rewaddle guarding"(RWG): Sucking up a Waddle Dee/Doo/Gordo, and shooting it at players trying to recover. In other words, edguarding by Rewaddling. Credit to "IsmaR"
"Dedawdle" -Botching your Dedede Jump, as stated in his Special Moves Update! Credit to "Meta-Kirby"
"Penguin Stomp(PS)"- The continuos repetion of Grabbing your opponent and throwing him down.( Down Chain Grab) "Credit to Knux Echidna"
Those are some good names, though I originally used "Dededecide" instead of "Suicidedede".

"HEPD" is King Dedede's Side Smash, right?

YOU CAN INHALE A GORDO?! Wow...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh and Penguing Stomp (PS) might get confused with Power Shielding, also (PS). Just throwing that out there.

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh and Penguing Stomp (PS) might get confused with Power Shielding, also (PS). Just throwing that out there.
K thanks man, ill just like change it to PST

Also im gonna change the "Suicidedede" to "Regicide" as someone suggested in one of my other threads as it makes good sense and is much easier to say.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
how about AHK(aerial hammer KO) for his Fair edgeguard? and DJC for Dedede Jump cancel? Its purposely the same as Double jump cancel, if that bothers you' you can call it SDJC

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Can we call his final smash "Pimpin' Aint Easy"?

Anywho, I'll actually sit down and try to think of some good names later. I won't let his majesty down, I promise.

CO18

Smash Hero
You annoy me more and more every time I read a post by you

:rolleyes:

Nice new banner C018!
Thanks man, have you seen what's been going on in BC the past couple of days?
Sort of Hectic.

Anyway that was completely off topic so we should continue this conversation in BC

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
We haven't played the game yet. You never know.

And 5150, no matter how hard you try, you can't bring anyone but yourself down, because we're all Dedede players, and we follow a higher cause that just render your pointless insults harmless.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
We haven't played the game yet. You never know.

And 5150, no matter how hard you try, you can't bring anyone but yourself down, because we're all Dedede players, and we follow a higher cause that just render your pointless insults harmless.
People have confirmed crouch cancelling is out, which is what tanks referring to from melee, so Dedede cant chill cancel :(

And yeah qft 2nd part. :bee:

Met

Smash Ace
wow this thread is stupid. Look I am going to main kind dedede but why are you making a name for everything that he can do? seriously his chaingrab is a chaingrab waddle dee spaming can be called.... waddle dee spaming how am I supposed to remember all these names? Huh? I'm not, thats why its stupid.

Banned via Administration
wow this thread is stupid. Look I am going to main kind dedede but why are you making a name for everything that he can do? seriously his chaingrab is a chaingrab waddle dee spaming can be called.... waddle dee spaming how am I supposed to remember all these names? Huh? I'm not, thats why its stupid.
agreed gg.

CO18

Smash Hero
Well seeing how there are names for almost every move in the game I would have to disagree.
This thread is specifically for making names of moves that are "A" are too long to repeatedly type and need abbreviations. Or "B" are combos and attacks with no names that need to have a name to refer to them.
Tell me besides simple moves such as tilts, aerials, and smashes. There arent many moves without names for them.
Unless you would like to repeatedly type "Cancel Dedede's Up + B in mid air" rather than "SDJC" I dont understand your disagreement.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah seriously i ****ing hate howeveryone is trying to name dumb **** i mean "hugging" seriously its just edgehogging wtf.

The only reason to name something is if it's either like wavedash (where the only other option to say it is jump and air dodge diagonally towards the ground before you leave the ground) and shffl (which is just an abbreviation)

up b cancel works fine for what you want considering noone remembers the names of moves anyway I mean why would you want a name for charging the jet hammer just call it down b charge and everyone will know what you are talking about I mean techniques are named either because of some funny incident (shine) or because they are actually USED

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
we are all straying from the point here

we can his moves whatever we want, ethier way, it doesnt make them any LESS AMAZING<3

KING DEDEDE!!!!

Top Bottom