• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name your "Top 5 Best Projectiles of Brawl"

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
... Only one person said Pikachu's Thunderjolt? Isn't it, like, a really good projectile?

I'd say...
1. Falco's laser (It seems all know this)
2. Pikachu's Thunderjolt (Unless the foe has infinite jumps... And doesn't mind approaching Pikachu with few jumps from the air)
3. DeDeDe's Waddle Dee Toss (Gordo has come to pwn your face)
4. Pit's Arrows (spam spam spam spam)
5. Zelda's Din's Fire (Tough to hit good players with, but not impossible, and the rewards are great)

AND NUMBER ZERO, YOSHI'S EGG TOSS.
Because Yoshi overall is God Tier.

Uncle_Donkey

Smash Rookie
5. White Pikmin
4. Lucas's PK Fire
3. Pit's Arrows
2. Snake's Grenades
1. You, when I stage spike you with a cargo-down throw :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Anyone up to making/finding a list of all the projectiles in the game and placing it in the first post? Seems like that way can at least glance at ones we forgot existed... *cough* Turnips, Pikmin, Thunderjolts *cough*

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Anyone up to making/finding a list of all the projectiles in the game and placing it in the first post? Seems like that way can at least glance at ones we forgot existed... *cough* Turnips, Pikmin, Thunderjolts *cough*
Thats a good idea.

Ill try to do it soon, but I should be able to do it by thursday... (I have finals this week, so I probally won't have the time to make a list myself till later.)

NaitoMero

Smash Rookie
o_o

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink~

1) Peaches Turnips<3
(>^.^)>
2) Zelda's little fireball thing of d00m!
(>.<)
3) Falco's lazer of L0ve~
<(^_^<)
4) That weird stick guy cooking(!)
(^_^)
5) Pokemon trainers Avysaur's Leafs?
=^.^=

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Diddy's potassium-rich bananas
Zamus' paralyzer
Ivy's razor leaf
Ness' PK thunder
Links' boomerang

In no particular order.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
1. Snake's Nikita
2. King Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss
3. Olimar's Pikmin Throw
4. Samus's Mega-Missle
5. Falco's Blaster

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
My list, based upon usefulness along with overall application in the general philosophy of Smash is as follows, but not in any order:

Diddy Kong's banana's are very effective as they do decent damage but have a tripping property. Combined with the Banana Smash Deploy method, an aspect of mind games come into play. You can pick them up with your dash attack and the frusterating using of them will weed out the n00bs.

Toon Link's and Link's bomb are also great projectiles as well. Many techniques have been found to exploit the system and glitch the situations accordingly. However, damage, knock back, and just plain annoyance alone ranks the bombs used by the duo very high. They also have wicked nice smoke effects.

Mario's FLUDD is possibly one of the best projectiles in the game. It does no damage but it can, single handedly, gimp an opponent completely. No other projectile can do such thing consistantly. Yet, the best part is the applications of the technique. It can stop, push back your opponenent, stall your own momentum, and even push your own character back. For a game in which people ***** about mind games and easiness, they refuse to experiment and utilize such an attack. It will take a while before this attack is to be glitched and really put to work. I'm not sure if Squirtle's watergun is is the same, for I have not used it so I won't include it.

Finally, I hold Yoshi's egg toss in high esteem for it is very versatile and can be used to pull off extreme maneuvers. In the air, it can help you recover to the edge while clearing out the edge guarders or huggers. Then, you can do a recovery attack or jump down and Dair then recover, or anything else. That use alone is very good. But also, it is very disruptive and has very little lag and high damage and decent knock back. Furthermore, the mind game situations and chances it presents are truely amazing.

As a last note, I also hold Thunder Jolt, Ice Block, Hand Grenades, Waddle Dee Toss, and the blasters as some of the best however, I decided to write about the projectiles people see as a misconceived waste.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Palutena's Bow
Nikita
Toon Link's Arrows
Falco's laser
Wolf's blaster

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
The best characater projectile in my oppinion is Kirbys Ground Slash Wave/Final Cutter Wave, it is the best surprise attack ever and is very spammable against dodge rollers who like to pretend that the're sonic all day, very very effective.

Top Bottom