• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namco char in SSBB

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
"No more than three third party chars" they said. Which maybe does not mean "no less". But, in case there is a third third party char in the game, I'm seriously thinking it could be a Namco char. Why? Well! Link was in Soul Calibur 2, Pacman and one ghost were in Mario Kart Arcade. So Super Smash Bros. Brawl sounds like the purrfect field for one more Namco Nintendo cross-over. Don't you think that?
The matter is: which Namco character? Klonoa? Pacman? Yoshimitsu?...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
"No more than three third party chars" they said.

what they actually said was "....1-2 more (besides snake), maybe?"
which was an estimate. So there may be no more 3rd parties, maybe there are three 3rd parties, maybe there are 5. Who knows. but sakurai never said anything like that.

other than my urge to correct eveything, I would personally prefer Nightmare or Lloyd Irving, but namco is most likely going to be ******** and give me pac-man

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
I'd love Pacman as the Namco rep, because he's quite an iconic figure. Unless I'm forgetting someone from Namco who I like.

Cless

Smash Champion
No, the point of Smash is to relive Nintendo history with characters fighting each other who would normally not be in fighting games. I can't understand why you people would want fighting game characters in this. It wouldn't feel like playing the characters in Smash. They'd be some *******ized version of themselves.

What is that, a fan made game? Did they just make a spoof trailer, or did they actually release something?

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
No, the point of Smash is to relive Nintendo history with characters fighting each other who would normally not be in fighting games. I can't understand why you people would want fighting game characters in this. It wouldn't feel like playing the characters in Smash. They'd be some *******ized version of themselves.

What is that, a fan made game? Did they just make a spoof trailer, or did they actually release something?
Just a little something special to give a respective nod to DataEast and Sunsoft.

I'm almost a little ashamed that I know all of the characters in both videos... but c'est mon vive.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, in Namco X Capcom, I knew most of the characters. I didn't know Wonder Momo, Bravoman, Hiromi, Masuyo, Kagekiyo, the random RE people, and any related people. I knew Valkyrie and Gilgamesh from Tales. I'm sure you couldn't have told ALL the characters from the video. Dig Dug is in there. Did you see that?

I take it that you're a Tales of fan then since you knew Stahn, Rutee, and Judas.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Well, in Namco X Capcom, I knew most of the characters. I didn't know Wonder Momo, Bravoman, Hiromi, Masuyo, Kagekiyo, the random RE people, and any related people. I knew Valkyrie and Gilgamesh from Tales. I'm sure you couldn't have told ALL the characters from the video. Dig Dug is in there. Did you see that?

I take it that you're a Tales of fan then since you knew Stahn, Rutee, and Judas.
I'm well aware of all of them, from the Darkstalkers to Sir Arthur, Klonoa and the entire Captain Commando team, Tron Bonne and the Time Crisis crew, Dig Dug and Megaman, etc., etc.

The second video I showed has Blaster Master, Karnov, Burgertime, Ikki, Mystery of Atlantis (technically the sequel to Pitfall), the Adventures of Hercules, Atomic Runner Chelnov, Hebereke, Jake Hunter, Trio The Punch, etc., etc., etc., l:psycho:

Cless

Smash Champion
No one from Time Crisis is in Namco X Capcom. Tron Bonne isn't in the opening. Neither is the entire Captain Commando team. Do you own the game too?

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
I'm much rather see Klonoa as a playible character then Pac-Man.

Pac-man would make a great assist trophy, though. (think of a giant classic sprite of him chomping across the screen!)

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
wouldn't this be Awesome?

made this in my spare time. im not spamming, just expressing my opinion...

SagePrime

Smash Cadet
First off, I dont think Sakurai would consider pacman. what smash value does he have. What is he gonna do? Eat people 10 different ways. If there was a character from Namco I hope it would be from the tales series. Lloyd would be good, but he was in Legends. I mean that just because they are not the main character form the game doesnt mean they cant get in. If youve played ToS any of the melee characters would be goood.

Cless

Smash Champion
Supporting characters don't get in over main characters. That is why the characters that represent the FE games are lords and not random people. True, any melee character from Tales would be good, but nobody is going to get in over the main character in a Tales game. Kratos and Zelos wouldn't beat out Lloyd, Leon wouldn't beat out Stahn, Arche wouldn't beat out Cless, etc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please, no characters from hardcore fighting games. Ever.

And no Pacman. Please.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I said it before and I'll say it again, if Black Knight makes it to Brawl, then Nightmare from the Soul Calibur series would make a hell of a kick a$$ rival for him. Sadly, I don't think that they'd add a villain from the series without adding rather unpopular SC heroes, which sucks.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'm much rather see Klonoa as a playible character then Pac-Man.

Pac-man would make a great assist trophy, though. (think of a giant classic sprite of him chomping across the screen!)
I fully agree with you on both point. Klonoa has more possible move than Pacman. Plus, one spheric voring char in the game is enought.
Klonoa could even have the "attack of the Pac-Man Family" as final smash.
Just image him crouching and then widing his arms and ears, spreading Pac-Man, Msr. Pacman and Junior Pacman in three direction and they wandering around the screen as they were in their labirint, biting every char they can reach.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i love the Klonoa games. He has much more credit then pac-man. Check out pac-man's 3d games. Crappier than the sonic games. Since he has his hat with pac-man on it that could rep pac-man lol it would just bring credit to pac-man because i do not think he deserves a place. He can't just get a spot like that. he has to earn it. A great classic game then crap 3D games, i don't think he should be in

Machete

Smash Ace
Pacman is a gaming icon. He's one of the most famous videogames characters ever, like Mario, Sonic or Pikachu. He's the ONLY Namco character who should be in Brawl.

Although, I think Namco won't get a rep in Brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Klonoa hands down for me right now.

"But, Pac-man is namco's mascot. . "
So. . .?:ohwell:

Mario is Nintendo's mascot but that didn't mean he got into SC2. Link did because he was a better fit for the game. Now smash can have any wacky character in it but who really screams smash more. . . Klonoa or a character Namco doesn't even care enuff about to make games for now resulting in him being tossed into sooo many games as just a cameo?
And plus, Pac-man would still be in smash. He would be in as the exact same why he appears in any game now-a-days. . . as a cameo slapped on someones hat/ belt:p

(See, right on the hat:chuckle:)
I would love for Lloyd to be in but theres not really any "Tails of" character who is as established as Klonoa.

And plus, theres a odd amount of not very well known rumors about Klonoa making some appearance in brawl. . . wouldn't shock me.

Top Bottom