• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nairo Signed By Team Liquid!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

In an announcement released today it has been made official that Nairo has been signed by Team Liquid! A transcript from the official announcement is available below. To see a video from Nairo himself about this announcement as well as quotes from the rest of Team Liquid's Smash players be sure to check out the official announcement here.

---​

I can think of no player better than Nairo to set Liquid off on the right foot in Smash 4. A complete package, he is the fiercest of competitors at tournaments while remaining true to himself and deeply loyal to his fans.

For those of your who aren't so familiar with Smash 4, Nairo is widely considered one of the top four players in the world along with ZeRo, Mr. R and ESAM. He started his career playing Metaknight in Brawl when he was still young. He gained a reputation as a Smash prodigy which culminated in him taking first place at Apex 2014 at age 16, the last 'major' Brawl tournament. His win over ZeRo started a friendly rivalry between the two which continues to this day.

Upon switching to Smash 4, Nairo played a variety of characters—notably Robin and Dark Pit—but was unable to find the same level of success as he did in Brawl. Shortly after a disappointing run at Apex 2015, he focused on Zero Suit Samus and then things just started to click. It wasn't long before he dethroned Dabuz as the best player in the Tri-state area and made a serious claim as one of the best in the world. He finished 2nd, 3rd and 3rd at CEO, EVO and SSC, his last three tournaments.

In every event he attends, Nairo conducts himself as a professional fitting of the Liquid tag. He is hypercritical of his own play and never shies away from taking responsibility when things don't go as planned. He's supremely confident in his ability, and this fearlessness is evident in his playstyle.

Smash 4 is still a young game but it is evolving rapidly. The pace is getting faster; movement is growing more fluid; technical skill is increasing; and most of all, storylines are developing. Players like Nairo are at the forefront of pushing the game to its limits. In a nutshell his playstyle is 'high octane': in the blink of an eye he can go from poking in neutral to taking your stock with unrelenting and imaginative combos. Not only is his Zero Suit one of the most entertaining characters to watch, he brings the same electric playstyle to every character he touches—notably to the likes of Robin and Lucena.

What truly sealed the deal for us is how Nairo approaches his fans. He is one of the most consistent Smash 4 streamers, despite his heavy tournament schedule. The effort Nairo puts in to maintaining this stream, such as funding regular stream giveaways and cultivating better viewer interaction, showed us just how much he values his supporters. As a result, the stream is such a great environment for fans to get to know Nairo on a more personal level.

Nairo is already a veteran of the Smash scene with a wealth of competitive experience despite only being 18 years old, and we think the best is yet to come. Welcome to the team, Liquid`Nairo.

Jesse "Plexa" Hart

---​

SmashCapps wants to congratulate Nairo on his recent sponsorship and hopes it goes well! To keep up with his own Smash adventures be sure to follow him on Twitter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I expect him to sadly not use :4pit: in bigger tournaments like EVO and Apex. Atleast he won more tourneys than he has with :4darkpit:, even if they arent bigger tournaments.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now that I think about it, I always expected Sakurai to kidnap Nairo and make him his sponsor. All he'd do is nerf everyone until they can't ko at all l except for the Kid Icarus and Kirby characters.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I expect him to sadly not use :4pit: in bigger tournaments like EVO and Apex. Atleast he won more tourneys than he has with :4darkpit:, even if they arent bigger tournaments.
Dark Pit is literally worse than Pit, a much weaker f-tilt and an arrow that can't even gimp. There wouldn't be a good reason to use Dark Pit other than disrespect and edginess. But yeah it is good Nairo signed up for a team, exactly what Smash 4 needs.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Nairo and H-Box vs Zero and Leffen.

This is going to be so intense!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Pit is literally worse than Pit, a much weaker f-tilt and an arrow that can't even gimp. There wouldn't be a good reason to use Dark Pit other than disrespect and edginess. But yeah it is good Nairo signed up for a team, exactly what Smash 4 needs.
Dark Pit's Electroshock and Silver Bow(with Darknees Arrows for some reason) kos quicker off the ledge to off stage. Besides that, Pit kos quicker in general than he does. Nairo does deserve to have a sponsor though.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Dark Pit's Electroshock and Silver Bow(with Darknees Arrows for some reason) kos quicker off the ledge to off stage. Besides that, Pit kos quicker in general than he does. Nairo does deserve to have a sponsor though.
Fair enough as it is, but I often find myself using pit more because his f-tilt is just a more reliably finisher without being punishable like the dash arms.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fair enough as it is, but I often find myself using pit more because his f-tilt is just a more reliably finisher without being punishable like the dash arms.
Pit needs more American love. Spain has more matches with Pit than America has ever had. Dark Pit can go back to Viridi and complain how his edginess couldn't save him.

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Huh, is Nairo younger that me? Well, he totally deserved this! He's really good at the game and is one of my favourite players to watch!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I am so excited about this. I love Team Liquid and glad they have picked up another great Smash player! CONGRATS NAIRO!!!

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Nairo has said that the horizontal knockback on Electroshock Arm makes killing Luma easier.

Of course, he would just use ZSS against Rosalina anyway, so it's a moot point for him. But it's handy information for Pit mains to have when going up against Rosalina players.

Last edited:

SmashNB

Smash Rookie
Very well deserved. Nairo's been at the top of the Brawl/Sm4sh scene for forever, and it's good to see his hard work has paid off. I'm sure the fact that he has a really popular stream also factored into their signing.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Nairo is the reason why I continued improving my Pit/Dark Pit when I was about to drop them for another character. He is very much deserving of such a prestige sponsorship and he's definitely one of my favorite players in Smash. Grats to him!

Though, not gonna lie, not a big fan of his new stream layout. That purple space background was always cool to look at. :(

Top Bottom