• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair OOS

B_Cypher

Smash Rookie
Okay so I've been trying to do frame perfect Nair OOS all day but it just aint happening. I use the x-button to jump but i clip the bottom of it to SH. When I try to Nair OOS, I put my finger between X and A and clip both, but the A doesnt usually register or its a full hop. I dont want to change to Y just to learn this. Im ready to give up even though this is super useful.

Edit: okay, ive actually hit will doing x and z. The problem is that I use my index for the R trigger and Im gonna have to slid it off the R trigger and onto z to get the timing. Does anyone do it like that or do they use three fingers to shield and nair oos?

Last edited:

Journal

Smash Apprentice
I used to have this problem, with the nair not coming out, but I was actually pressing the buttons to fast. Need to wait until the jump squat frames are done.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You can try SH with the Cstick and slide your thumb directly onto the A button in one fluid motion. It's a very natural timing and worth a shot if the conventional method doesn't seem comfortable for you.

B_Cypher

Smash Rookie
Im gonna go try that out right now. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I used to try use C-stick for fox shine oos, but it always felt a bit too out-of-my-control. Like if I start flubbing it and screwing up the timing in bracket, I wouldn't be able to make corrections (which you can still do fairly easily with X/Y even while choking).

X-->A is easier to get closer to frame-perfect for me, but if my hands are cold or if I start flubbing it, I swap to X-->Z. I'm not as consistent at it because I worry about pressing Z too early and JC grabbing too much (more punishable than doing an empty hop from pressing A too early), but it works. Let's you use the "natural" thumb movement for flicking X for the short hop - down and away to the right - instead of flicking awkwardly left. Z can also be used for L-cancelling, so consider just tapping it again instead of going for the trigger if you use R and don't have enough time to reach it.

Last edited:

B_Cypher

Smash Rookie
Yay I decided to practice super hard on the X->A and I actually hit it once the other day (after doing Nairs for a total of an hour and forty with breaks). So today I actually got it a little more, like around 10 times out of 250 attempts. Im so pumped. This will make my neutral so much stronger and I dont have to worry about awkward hand placements. Thanks everyone!!!!!

Top Bottom