• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair Jab Combo Problems

Karmie

Smash Cadet
Hello all, first of all i'd like to let you know that i'm a newcomer to Ike as I have dropped my Metaknight and Kirby mains to main Ike out of curiosity ^^.

Now the matter at hand is that when I go for a fast falled Nair to Jab, sometimes I want to Jab Cancel. Now when I try to go for the Jab Cancel > Grab, I can rarely land it since somehow even at 0%, after the Nair is done, they are knocked back too far for a Jab Canceled Grab.

Now I really wanna find out why. Is it because the momentum of the knockback is also carried to the jab? Is it just my jab canceling itself (I use the first jab only and Jab Cancel without the Nair to grab fine)?

Thanks in advance~

metroid1117

Smash Master
It could be that your opponents are DI'ing the NAir too far for the jab to hit; in those cases, UTilt is a nice substitute. Either that or you're spacing your NAir so well that they're too far away for jab to hit in the first place even without DI.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Could be your timing, I mean MK is a whole different animal, he is totally different so just takes some getting used to

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just practice some more with Ike. You mained MK and Kirby before who are completely different than Ike. I'm guessing that like what doom and met said, it could be DI, your spacing or your timing.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Ike's grab has half the reach of MK's. Just keep practicing until you become used to the range.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ya, it should be a range problem, just get used to it. It would be less severe if you were coming from someone like Ganon, or DK. But Metaknight is almost completely opposite Ike in every way shape and form.

Top Bottom