• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 stage hazards?

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I am just wondering what everyone thinks of the fact that they added SSB64 stages, although, obviously, it is old news. I am just a little disappointed that the classic hazards did not make it back, like the Pokemon popping out in Saffron City or the tornadoes appearing in Hyrule Castle. What do you all think of that?

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Now, this is also wondering if those hazards are going to come back. Will they come back, or no?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
They cannot add hazards to stages unless the stage has an existing hazard on it.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
We'd add them if we could, but as it so happens we can't for the time being.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
And, by the way, could you add Peach's Castle 64 and Mushroom Kingdom 64 along with? You probably wouldn't have the technical knowhow to be able to work the pipes in Mushroom Kingdom 64, do you?

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
And, by the way, could you add Peach's Castle 64 and Mushroom Kingdom 64 along with? You probably wouldn't have the technical knowhow to be able to work the pipes in Mushroom Kingdom 64, do you?
Am I the only one that thinks Peach's Castle 64 is the worst designed stage in smash history? I realize that stuff like New Pork City and 75m are much worse to actually play on but damn does PC64 just look terrible. It's like a kindergartner just threw some blocks on the screen and called it a stage.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
They cannot add hazards to stages unless the stage has an existing hazard on it.

Can you do the converse, as in remove a stage hazard?

I'm looking to edit Brawl Minus's Spear Pillar for P:M and I'd like to keep the legendary Pokemon in the background but get rid of the hazards they present.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one that thinks Peach's Castle 64 is the worst designed stage in smash history? I realize that stuff like New Pork City and 75m are much worse to actually play on but damn does PC64 just look terrible. It's like a kindergartner just threw some blocks on the screen and called it a stage.
I really would not be surprised if it's the first stage that the creators worked on, and I didn't think it was too terribly bad, but, hey, don't say that you're the only one, I'm quite certain that there are others, even if ya hadn't met them yet.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Ok, that proved to me that yes, it certainly can be done, so that's good, but I wonder if our friends here know of how to make it happen?
The creator of this stage Mewto2000 is part of the Project M team and I believe he made that stage years ago.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If Hyrule Castle, goes over Bridge of Eldin, it is possible to modify the barrel bomb to act like the tornadoes, or even the running Moblin?

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
If Hyrule Castle, goes over Bridge of Eldin, it is possible to modify the barrel bomb to act like the tornadoes, or even the running Moblin?
I wouldn't really think so, since the tornadoes can appear on the parts of the main platform or the 3 wooden platforms. I can't remember whether or not they can appear on the top of that big green structure on the right of the stage.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really think so, since the tornadoes can appear on the parts of the main platform or the 3 wooden platforms. I can't remember whether or not they can appear on the top of that big green structure on the right of the stage.
Tornado can appear on the left side, the main flat area, the 2nd wooden platform, and the bottom right side (not on top of the tent). There's also 2 variations of the tornado, the slow one, then the fast one, which will randomly move extremely fast across the stage.

Personally, I hope they never add the nados back. As a smash64 player, I know from experience they add a ton of randomness and unfairness to the match and I really enjoy playing on Hyrule as a competitive stage. I think it would be ruined with the readdition of nados.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Tornado can appear on the left side, the main flat area, the 2nd wooden platform, and the bottom right side (not on top of the tent). There's also 2 variations of the tornado, the slow one, then the fast one, which will randomly move extremely fast across the stage.

Personally, I hope they never add the nados back. As a smash64 player, I know from experience they add a ton of randomness and unfairness to the match and I really enjoy playing on Hyrule as a competitive stage. I think it would be ruined with the readdition of nados.
Well Project: M is meant to be played te way you like, and i'm sure Hyrule castle isn't permitted to play in most tournaments, and i'm also a SSB64 player and the hazard in this stage was one of the most dynamic.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Well Project: M is meant to be played te way you like, and i'm sure Hyrule castle isn't permitted to play in most tournaments, and i'm also a SSB64 player and the hazard in this stage was one of the most dynamic.
If it's possible, I think it would be cool if PM devs added another option to the menu: "Turn off Course Hazards"

That way, you could play norfair with giant lava waterfalls, hyrule with tornados and saffron with pokemon, but also turn them off for serious matches. Everyone would be happy.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If it's possible, I think it would be cool if PM devs added another option to the menu: "Turn off Course Hazards"

That way, you could play norfair with giant lava waterfalls, hyrule with tornados and saffron with pokemon, but also turn them off for serious matches. Everyone would be happy.
That would be even better.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice

Hey, yeah, that'd be perfect! That way, don't like a stage's hazard, don't complain because you can just turn it off!

Top Bottom