• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 HD: Stage Revitalization Project

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Rather than making a bunch of different threads I'll keep all my future releases in this thread. And I have a new one for you all today. Again I just want to thank Mewtwo2000 and Pietschie & Bad Randolph for their stages and textures. I will be working on Dreamland 64 next since it got the same number of votes as Peach's Castle and then Metal Cavern because I want to.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Peach's Castle complete with everything you need to enjoy it fully.

It comes with two custom made bstrm's which I worked out tirelessly to give the stage the best overall vibe. I may add more later if I find any more good music that fits.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Saffron City Final version with a full list of great music

This is my first stage and it took me a couple tries to get it just right, but the end result was quite worth it.

So that's it for now but I will get around to doing all of them eventually. I am also working on a very special new project that I think many with love, but since it's still early I won't say anything more ;D

I sincerely hope you all enjoy these!

Timde9

Smash Cadet
due to a small oversight I realized today that my rainy version of saffron city did not have the melee style camera and the regular one did. This has been fixed. If you were using my rainy version for project m you will now want to update.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Oh dang, it's been forever since I've been here. Good luck I have faith in you, tried doing this, but I failed and I don't have anytime anymore.
Just a little support, backgrounds of Hyrule Castle 64 and Metal Mario, same source except their not broken into 45 different pieces:
HC64: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8620/backgroundojx.png
MM: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8752/backgroundyg.png

I have an incomplete DL64, but it appears I lost it so I can't provide the background for it right now. Again good luck on this, and I wish the best for you on this project. Also I really hope you can achieve, what I couldn't.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Dude thank you that really helps. Putting together those damn backgrounds is one of the most annoying parts about the whole thing. I really appreciate it.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Awesome quality!

Does it play as good as it looks? Another question: Which stage can it go over?

I'm looking forward to your next project man, it's a good stage.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Yeah the stages play great. Also these can go over any stage but the defaults are F Orpheon for Peach's and Spear Pillar for Saffron. I highly suggest you check out this thread over at kc-mm. It explains how to easily put stages over any other stages without having to do any manual editing. Extremely useful and am surprised more people don't use it so I am plugging it in hopes that the website doesn't go away due to neglect because I use it a lot :p

210stuna

Smash Lord
I think I'll put it over Spear Pillar then, Frigate Orpheon is too good, ha.

I can't see that link you posted from KC-MM, because I'm not a member.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I'll just quote the whole thing then. Here

"I'm surprised I haven't seen this site catch on that much, so I'll just give a brief explanation on how it works. For starters, I did not make this site:

http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Let's use a recent stage. Hydrocity Zone is currently over Mario Circuit, aka STGKART.pac . You already have the most epic stage over Mario Circuit, so you want this placed over Green Hill Zone (STGGREENHILL.pac)
Select Mario Circuit on the left side, and Green Hill Zone on the right side.

You should be prompted to download your .rel, then go ahead and do so. Already named for you and everything. Now, just switch the name of the stage from STGKART.pac to STGGREENHILL.pac, and slap it in the appropriate folders.

.rel = module
.pac = melee

I've been using this for every single stage I have placed over another stage, which is every single stage, and not one has froze. I haven't tested the Europe one, but I can't see why it wouldn't work."

210stuna

Smash Lord
What do I do with the original .rel file that I am replacing?

What I am trying to do is get your Princess Peach Castle stage over Lylat Cruise.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
Just overwrite the .rel file in your sd card with the new one you download. Also just want to let everyone know that I am still working on this but I am in the middle of making my own stage so it is just on pause for right now. I am almost done though. Just have to fix some lighting issues and I can begin working on these again.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I just came across this and I have to say I really like the two stages you've done so far. The stages keep their retro feel while not looking completely terrible in contrast to the brawl character models.

I'm definitely looking forward to you finishing the other 64 stages present in P:M (Kongo, Metal Cavern, Hyrule, and Dreamland). I probably won't use these until they are all done (for consistency reasons), but if you end up doing these I'll definitely be interested in them.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
yeah I will get them. I am working on my own version of a sky pillar stage from Pokemon Emerald. I custom built the tower and worked out a cool animation for rayquaza since in all the other stage hacks they have him just standing there all boring. I am almost done and I will definitely finish these but I just have to figure out how to light the platform more. It is too dark right now. Once I figure that out I will get back to work on these.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I got the conversion part down. Thank you for that.

The problem I have now is figuring out what to rename your .pac file to so it works on Lylat Cruise correctly.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I am pretty sure it is just STGCRUISE.pac. There is a reference somewhere that I have seen try google. Pretty sure I am right though

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
I tried to put Saffron City HD over STGCUSTOM10. I also used the converter to change the st_tengan.rel into the st_custom10.rel. But when I click on the stage it freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Is Dreamland 64 HD still coming? It's the only one I wanted from this project lol

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I really like the Peach's castle stage, especially because you can't grab on to the sides of the moving platforms. So many versions of this stage let you do that and it's a pain. I did have one problem with the level though. I replaced Rainbow Cruise with it, and at one point early on in training mode to test it, everyone just started to die upon spawning. I had to quit training to fix it. Not sure if it'll happen again, but I'd like to know if you have any information on why it might have done this.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I really like the Peach's castle stage, especially because you can't grab on to the sides of the moving platforms. So many versions of this stage let you do that and it's a pain. I did have one problem with the level though. I replaced Rainbow Cruise with it, and at one point early on in training mode to test it, everyone just started to die upon spawning. I had to quit training to fix it. Not sure if it'll happen again, but I'd like to know if you have any information on why it might have done this.
This has happened to me before as well, multiple times. I love the stage otherwise!

PolarisWizard

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I had the same problem as Pwnz0rz Man, except I put it over Mario Circuit. It's a really good stage and I love how it looks but that glitch kept occurring too much, so I had to replace it. I really would like to see it fixed because otherwise, it's a really faithful recreation of the original stage and is great.

On the other hand, I love your Saffron City and will download any future HD stages you release.

Top Bottom