• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Myth's Pit videos

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm Myth, most people only know me as Miggle since I have only used this sn on here. Uhh I am an average Pit user who dosn't use many of the techs. Undrdog found me and said I should not lurk here so I'll try to be a part of the community. I will share some of my matches I've had with some friends and hopefully you will enjoy them.

I will try to update this thread every now and then. Frogive the music if it bothers you, I am incapable of getitng the audio from the matches into the videos. I will get a dazzle card soon :)

Most of these videos are from my channel so enjoy, Tips and ratings are appreciated. Please only post constructive critisism if you will critique.

**Most recent matches are at the top, older ones are at the bottom**

Latest matches:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AoGlfeJcqfs
L.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4QgX_g523Q
L.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uigx636cioY
w
(Good ending!!)

Old matches:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0gXCMMN2oYY
L.
(First recorded match ever so I was a bit nervous)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Za6q97bSIHQ
L.
(I've improved my sidestepping since this)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky5U8e1QMxk
L.
(friends channel)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Don't be afraid of going undr the stage to recover. You left yourself open way too much. Heck I could've killed you from anywhere on the stage with an arrow. >_< The WoI is dangerous and it's always best to run from your opponent when recovering with it.

Mindgames. Ya need more of 'em. It just seemed like a lot of hack'n'slash and the first person to be too close lost each confrontation. Trick him into doing dumb stuff. Arrow Loops help there a lot.

When SideStepping like you do alot, keep the shield held down a little after the SideStep. This will cause you to lurch forward and gain ground on your opponent, maybe without his realizing it. This is called SlideStepping. ^_^

Anyway I hope that helped.

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Haha thanks man. Yea using WoI at the wron time/incorrectly has screwed me over many times.

I just started to pick up on my arrow looping but I'm a bit rusty. I also need to at least know how to arrow swarm decently so I can use it for mindganes. You're right on that.

Lol thanks again

The Ross and Ganon matches are honestly really bad on my behalf. I just felt like I would be a sore loser if I didn't post them here. I also have 2 other serious losses on the way xD

Thanks for the advice!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I also have to say that if that was on Wifi, then I guess it was pretty good. lol Never play on Wifi... >_<

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea it was pretty good for wifi. You seem to have a good start with Pit from viewing the latest match. I saw some grabs which is good but you never followed up with anything. Half of my game is based on grab combos. You have control at that moment you and have a high chance of predicting their reaction. Use Dthrow>Uairs or My favorite Dthrow>Utilt.

I would like to see some more arrows actually. Not a lot but a little combined with mindgames as Undr said. Also it would be good to learn some AT's like Arrow looping and Wing dashing are the main ones. Angel Ring Tech (ART) is also great for combos. Also, watching other Pit players is good. These can be found in the compendium.

Btw, when you use spoilers, use L. and w this way the boxes are the same width. Your spoilers actually spoiled the results of the match without having to reveal lol!

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Lol I've been using Pit since brawls release xD I've been getting advice from friends along the way now. I just watched my video and you're right I stood there after I grabbed and threw them. Lol wonder why I didn't follow them. I'll be using the grab advice, thanks!

I recently just started to use arrow looping. I didn't use it much in my Pit dittos because it is fairly easy for a Pit to reflect the arrows if shot at the wrong time. Thats why I only used a couple of quick straight arrows. I watch the videos here all the time, maybe it's time to take what I see and somehow make it work for me ^_^

I'm going to be improving my arrow looping and I need to learn my ART. I'll also work on the wingdashing :)

Lol I noticed the spoiler thing but didn't get around to fixing it, might as well do so now :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ah the spoilers are much better XD
And you can use arrow looping in Pit dittos. You don't have to hit them with it every time, just enough to get a reaction. Like if Pit uses the Mirror shield to reflect, forget the arrow and grab them or wait for the shield to go away and punish the lag. If they use AR, forget the arrow and roll behind/short hop Fair, or Ftilt works nice to out prioritize.

If you use Arrow chasing correctly, you should be near them as the arrow approaches so you are within range.

Mythol

Smash Cadet
hehe

Lol I do that when a Pit arrow loops at me. Well I used to but I decided that if I didn't give the arrows much attention that I wouldn't get caught in their mindgamez. Ahh I hate AR when it's used on me. I haven't met many Pits that don't spam it like crazy. (AR 4 times in a row after me cancelling it out 3 times= me pulling mah balls off)

Thanks again dude!

Also I added one more match! This one is umm... special ^_^

Top Bottom