• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mythical Foot Blazer Spike???

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
So i was messing around yesterday, playing some against spacies after i'd been playing marth a little too long, when something amazing happened. I knocked fox off stage, and jumped off after him; realizing I wasn't marth I was like "****, i can't reverse dolphin slash." So i said to myself, "well, while i'm here i might as well reverse blazer and hope to stage spike or something." Well as it turns out, instead of stage spiking, the reverse blazer just spiked with a down/side angle. There was no fire, it just poked him away far enough to be unable to recover.

I have known about the hitbox that does that for a while now actually, but i've never been able to use it. It's right on his back foot essentially. The easiest way to find the hitbox is to have someone hang on the edge, and reverse blazer them. Sometimes it will hit straight up like normal, other times it will hit the foot blazer hitbox.

Also in the same day, i performed the same feet again without any practice.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I think you tippered the upb which would give Fox no trajectory and at least a bit of stun.

Interesthing though if we could learn to hit it consistently we'd be able to gimp falco like every other character in the game. Run off and kill him out of his upb.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
I kinda found something like this too. But it was with his dair.
So, im practicing my roy against a lvl 5 fox. I comboed him of the stage, forgetting i was roy for a second i Dair, and it like Spikes Fox. I was like right on top of him, i keep trying to replicate it but i cant seem to get it...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I kinda found something like this too. But it was with his dair.
So, im practicing my roy against a lvl 5 fox. I comboed him of the stage, forgetting i was roy for a second i Dair, and it like Spikes Fox. I was like right on top of him, i keep trying to replicate it but i cant seem to get it...
roy's dair also meteors. it just has to hit near his shoulder

BEES

Smash Lord
I think you tippered the upb which would give Fox no trajectory and at least a bit of stun.

Interesthing though if we could learn to hit it consistently we'd be able to gimp falco like every other character in the game. Run off and kill him out of his upb.
we can already gimp fox/falco with 1st hit DED offstage so it's just a bonus

exarch

doot doot doot
Well Fox could definitely go too low for either of them... but does the first hit DED have enough stun to sink Falco low enough and still allow you to recover?

I see this as a way to gimp falco and still recover.

Maybe I'm just not being creative enough with Roys off stage options.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7lM6Bqqns

Did what you are talking about look a bit like this?
nope, I'll try recording it some time. I'm a bit busy atm.

Well Fox could definitely go too low for either of them... but does the first hit DED have enough stun to sink Falco low enough and still allow you to recover?

I see this as a way to gimp falco and still recover.

Maybe I'm just not being creative enough with Roys off stage options.
It's hard to do, but i think it may actually be worth the practice (like armpit spiking). i can't wait to figure this out completely.

exarch

doot doot doot
Yea I toyed with this some the other day.
I got it to work, but wow the hitbox is waaay far away from Roy.

Very amusing though.

I'm not convinced it's viable, it's tough to space for now.
But maybe if Falco get knocked out of his second jump and is forced to Upb below the edge.

Good find though.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Yea I toyed with this some the other day.
I got it to work, but wow the hitbox is waaay far away from Roy.

Very amusing though.

I'm not convinced it's viable, it's tough to space for now.
But maybe if Falco get knocked out of his second jump and is forced to Upb below the edge.

Good find though.
yea, both times i got this i thought i'd miss the blazer and it spiked instead.

Top Bottom