• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Myth: Nintendo could spend money to make Brawl Online better

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
This is just a myth, people. The amount of money that Nintendo would have to spend to improve the quality of online play in Brawl is quite possibly more than all of the money in the world... not that that really makes sense. Nintendo would have to become a huge telecom company (bigger than any current ones that exist), and that's just not possible.

Stop wishing for something that isn't going to happen.

Brawl online sucks because Smash Bros. gameplay is not well suited to online gaming. It requires such low latencies, that you'll only be able to play online with people who are very near to you in the network.

Rather than complain that Nintendo isn't doing their part, do your part. Find someone to play against online who's near you in the network.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
they should of made it better somehow, even if it isnt meant to play well online. i mean look at mario kart wii wifi, its nintendos best wifi yet, they should of done that with brawl.

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
Actually Nintendo could do firmware updates to improve online play...

And consumers have every right to be pissed off when P2P on SSB64 is faster then Brawls, and that game isn't made to go online. P2P on SSB64 is actually realllllllllly nice.

andysfile

Smash Cadet
I didn't know you could do P2P on Smash Bros. 64 - is it done by a mod like the one that made Melee online-enabled (with a lot of work)?
I think the lag could be reduced if they made an option to play Final Destination or Battlefield with no items 1v1 - then there would be a lot less lag but it's kind of a specific option :p

Anther

Smash Champion
That doesn't reduce lag, and the lat in general on SSB64 using any emulator wasn't better for me at all. I don't know what you peeps are talking about.

Mario Kart wifi relies on Dead Reckoning lag hiding techniques I'm sure and that can't be copied into a fighting game. Andy, everything technical is handled by your own wii, and the same amount of information is sent no matter what stage you pick.

andysfile

Smash Cadet
I was thinking more data would have to be sent if items are being spammed everywhere but maybe not. Surely less players, therefore less connections, would increase performance though? Everytime I have a 1v1 with 2 bots (Basic Brawl) it's less laggy than 4v4 humans.
Funny how sometimes it lags really badly for 30 secs then runs smooth almost like everyone's sitting next to you, but that's beside the point :p

LangZeth

Smash Rookie
**** Nintendo. If you want your fans to buy your next console or games.. You should fix this online lag and 1v1 final destination or what ever. Cause this suck.

kamikaen

Smash Rookie
Of course fighting games online can't be perfect (especially without paying a monthly fee), but it can definitely be better than what's happening right now. Isn't there a problem with the TYPE of wifi it's using?

Top Bottom