• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MYM4: The Subspace Emissary 2: The Multi-Dimensional War

Lotus Brawler

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=876]MYM4: The Subspace Emissary 2: The Multi-Dimensional War[/drupal]

My first blog on this prestigious forum, and I'm dead nervous. Not as nervous as when I first destroyed Tabuu in Subspace Emissary, though. I'm not a member of those 'Make Your Move' things yet (Arceus, I'm new to it!), and because it'll take me absolutely AGES to read every single post of the MYMs, I might have to aggrievate you a bit.

I'm looking for around 100 playable characters to be in this SSE, so if you wish to contribute, I'm afraid you'll have to post a link to your characters' moveset. Each and every one. Then I can easily incorporate them into the SSE. And if by any chance this SSE sounds similar to yours, please notify me nicely. Please, don't hurt me! PLEASE!

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS SO FAR
1. The Raptors (Submitted by Hyper Ridley)
2. The Joker (Submitted by MasterWarlord)
3. AI Colonel (Submitted by MasterWarlord)
4. Cortex & Tiny (Submitted by MasterWarlord)
5. Dimentio (Submitted by MasterWarlord)
6. Dr. Robotnik (Submitted by dancingfrogman)
7. Tails Doll (Submitted by dancingfrogman)
8. E-123: Omega (Submitted by dancingfrogman)
9. Tron (Submitted by Kholdstare)
10. Phantom Ganon (Submitted by Kholdstare)
11. Twinrova (Submitted by Kholdstare)
12. ROTOM (Submitted by Kholdstare)
13. Klump & Krusha (Submitted by MasterWarlord &BKupa666)
14. Nightmare (Submitted by MasterWarlord)
15. Cervantes (Submitted by MasterWarlord)

SUBSPACE ARMY RECRUITS SO FAR
1. Primids
2. Boom Primids
3. Spaaks
4. Mites
5. Daleks

BOSS CHARACTERS SO FAR

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS SO FAR
1. "???"
2. "The Doctor"

PROLOGUE: "RETURN TO THE WORLD OF TROPHIES"/"THE LONELY SPACE TRAVELLER"/"BREAKING THE BOUNDARIES"/"THE NEW LEADERS OF THE SUBSPACE ARMY"
With clips from the past game's cinematics, a narrator re-introduces us to what has been going on. "In This World, Trophies fight. They know nothing but fighting, fighting is their sole reason for their existance. Being turned back into a Trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death. Those are the Rules of This World. But. When someone, or something, breaks these rules, the World will pay a terrible price." he says.
Clips for each sentence are as follows:
1. The very first cutscene showing Mario and Kirby coming to life from Trophies.
2. Clips from various fighting scenes, such as Fox defeating Rayquaza, Samus turning round to see two Subspace Samuses approach her and Pikachu, and Link beginning to fight Mario after he finds Zelda's Trophy.
3. Clips featuring Wario turning Zelda into a Trophy, Bowser turning Donkey Kong into a Trophy and King Dedede sticking Badges onto Luigi, Peach and Ness Trophies.
4. The cutscene showing Master Hand appearing on Ganondorf's screen, symbolizing that he makes the 'Rules'.
5. Clips from near the end, first showing Master Hand ("Someone") being controlled by Tabuu ("Something"), then Tabuu defeating the Smash Bros. and finally one of Tabuu creating the Great Maze.
We then learn that all of this is being played on a monitor. A mysterious man in an orange spacesuit: "???", looks at the information, then turns around on a futuristic office chair as giant stomps can be heard. A shadow of a giantess (Really a giant-sized Clover from 'Totally Spies!', although the gamer doesn't know this) lurks behind him.

We cut to the same montage, but on a smaller screen. As the information is played out, we zoom out to reveal:
THE DOCTOR.
In his TARDIS, the Tenth Doctor is learning about This World, and starts to speak. (For the first time, characters who can speak WILL speak, with captions on the bottom for the deaf.)
The Doctor: "Yes. This World seems like a peaceful place now that it's back to normal. It reminds me of my own planet, Gallifrey, before the Last Great Time War."
A flashback to an image of the Eighth Doctor facing off against legions of Daleks is shown, before it returns to the Tenth Doctor.
The Doctor: "But how did all these fighters meet in the same place? I know from Rose that 'Mario' came from the Mushroom Kingdom and 'Pikachu' came from Kanto, and like Rose, people shouldn't travel in-between those worlds. But they did, and nothing happened to them. Well, apart from the Subspace Army invading. But that doesn't really involve the Void...."
He dashes around the TARDIS console, pushing buttons and pulling levers. Unbeknowst to him, a black mass of Shadow Bugs, survivors from the last Adventure Mode, swarm towards the console....

In the Void, small fleets of spaceships hover around barrier-like walls. A flip-top opens on one of the spaceships, and dozens of Shadow Bugs swarm out. They converse into Primids, Boom Primids, Spaaks and Mites. They begin to destroy the barriers in their own special way. At last, holes are made in the barriers, making the Dimensions (in this case, the Mushroom Kingdom and Mobius) merge together.

All this is seen by none other than:
THE ANCIENT MINISTER
So far, we realise that R.O.B. was the Ancient Minister all along. So, how did this leader of the Subspace Army survive the last encounter with the Smash Bros.? The answer is revealled when it turns round as a group of:
DALEKS
appear in the control room.
Dalek 1: "HAVE YOUR LIFE-FORMS BE-GUN THEIR TASK?"
The Ancient Minister nods.
Dalek 2: "AND THE DOC-TOR IS UN-A-WARE OF OUR PLAN?"
The Ancient Minister shakes its head 'no'.
Dalek 3: "IT IS TRUE-LY A GREAT DAY FOR THE DA-LEKS. NONE OF THE FIGH-TERS RE-A-LISE THAT THEIR WORLD IS MADE OF SEP-AR-ATE BAR-RI-ERS."
Dalek 1: "TA-BUU'S PRES-ENCE CAUS-ED THE FIGH-TERS TO CON-VERGE TO-GETH-ER. NOW THAT HE IS DEAD, WE CAN TAKE O-VER AND EX-TER-MIN-ATE ALL WHO STAND IN OUR WAY!"
The camera zooms out to reveal hundreds of Daleks chanting "EX-TER-MIN-ATE!". The scene changes to show hundreds of Dalek fleets orbiting the broken barriers as more and more worlds merge. The Multi-Dimensional War has been sparked...

CHAPTERS UNKNOWN [Please wait until I've incorporated the playable characters into the story!]
1. "EXTREME DINOSAURS...OF SMASH"/Level ??: The Ruined City/VS The Raptors/"WHO TO SAVE?"
The TARDIS lands in a ruined city. The Tenth Doctor and two (as yet undecided) playable characters walk out and into a jungle/city hybrid.
The Doctor: "What has happened here? I know what happened here! Someone has been using global warming to turn this place into the Mesozic era, that's what happened here!"
*Dialogue and actions for the two other characters TBC*
The Doctor: "So...the Daleks have been using other fighters to break the laws of Time and Space to get what THEY want. And it's all thanks to the Subspace Army. Let's explore the city and see who's behind this mess."

The Ruined City combines elements of the Ruins from the first game with that of Silver the Hedgehog's first level in 'Sonic 2006'. Although most of the common enemies from Subspace are present, a new creature appears in the form of 'Mutasaur'. This is a big enemy that takes multiple hits to defeat. Gamers are advised to approach this Subspace recruit from the front, as its tail is spiked. Dangers include toppling buildings, poisoned patches of swamp and crumbling cliff-edges.

As the Doctor and his two new companions race across the city, three dinosaurs watch from above a fallen skyscraper:
THE RAPTORS
One of them, Haxx, has got a Dark Cannon.
Bad Rap: "Hurry up, will ya? They're going to race off any minute!"
Haxx: "Give me time! This things heavy...."
Spitter: "A little more to the left...yes....now up a bit...no, that way forward..."
Haxx follows Spitter's directions, but foolishly drops his Dark Cannon! The ensuing crash makes the Doctor and the two characters look up.
Spitter: "Aw, no! NOW look what ya DID!"
Haxx: "The Daleks are gonna exterminate us for sure!"
Bad Rap: "They'll likely exterminate YOU, ya dunderhead!"
The Doctor: "Excuse me! Are you mutated dinosaurs perhaps behind this new Dimension? Do you have a license for that?"
Bad Rap: "And are you perhaps the Doctor? The one who has been chosen to create a new army of Smash Brothers?"
The Doctor: "I might."
Bad Rap: "Follow me, boys! Let's take down the Doctor's fighters!"

The battle takes place between two fallen skyscrapers. In the middle is a pool of lava that can become a useful technique or your way to death. Bad Rap appears first, but can change into either Haxx or Spitter randomly. The gamer is advised to time attacks just right before a Raptor member switches places, or else their damage could go way up.

The three Trophies of the Raptors fall to the ground.
The Doctor: "Quick! Grab them! If they fear death in the hands of the Daleks, perhaps we can convince them to join us!"
Suddenly, three Daleks materialise into the Dimension. One of the playable characters realises that they have to get just ONE Trophy. The gamer can pick which Raptor the character can save, and which two they can rescue later.
No matter which Raptor is chosen, the cutscene ends with the Doctor and the two playable characters heading back into the TARDIS and taking off. The camera lingers on the materialising TARDIS, as something has been placed onto its shell that is beeping with a red light....

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
We got a newcomer to MYM4 without actually posting in the actual topic!

Anyway, feel free to use my Robotnik, Tails Doll and E-123 Omega characters (all in the sig)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
A pretty good start at an SSE. I just you would add a little COLOR to it. Feel free to use Tron, Phantom Ganon, Twinrova, or any of the characters in my link-up space for it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Color would be nice, but I think bolding is just as much if not more important.

Explanation as for who this "doctor" is would be nice. . .Or he is suppossed to be generic? In any case you should probably get some more characters before going any further. Seeing how desperate you are to get more, you can take my most recent (And final for MYM 4) addition as well. Klump and Krusha.

And. . .Somebody besides me knows of the existence of Totally Spies. Never thought I'd hear of that thing again. . .Are you going to make a moveset for the characters being referenced or something?

In any case enough skepticism. That was decent, and somebody actually used the bloody raptors. A better start then some other certain SSEs. . .

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Wow. The first time I've even bothered to look at an SSE and it's in Script Format.

Smash Brothers fanfiction is dead. That's it. I'm calling in the SSB fanfiction pros to come in and attempt a last ditch effort to save it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Mind reading my sse before you call it a failure? I could write a far better story then that SSE, but that SSE is meant to be implemented in a game.

And script format nearly always focuses more on character development when not done by a bad writer and is much easier to read through then some gigantic wall of text.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Are you sure you understand what Script Format is? Your SSE isn't script format. It's just writing.

SkylerOcon: If I were a character in a book and I talked like this, it would be script format.

Script Format should be left for exactly what it implies -- scripts. And while, yes, SSEs are meant to be used for the theoretical smash brothers that they're being written for, they should still be written in regular story format because it, you know, actually makes me want to read it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Meh. I'm just biased towards script format due to writing in it from my earlier days. It is much easier to write for and read, but generally gives off an unprofessional vibe. Role playing in that format doesn't help me much either.

And by script format I thought you meant in the format of writing for a game instead of a story in general. I'm perfectly famaliar with the script format you're talking about though. I'm just somewhat adamant to people thinking that I couldn't write a better story then what I have in my SSE though, as that's more just trying to glorify the movesets then tell a compelling tale. Give them all their share of the spot light, ya know? Make epic cutscenes.

Lotus Brawler

Smash Rookie
Oh, dear. What have I wrought? OK, I'll add some colour and bolding when I've got some spare time. The 'Doctor' will be explained as to WHO he really is, but that will have to wait until I get round to adding the rest of the merry band of Smash Bros. into the story. He's not gonna be a playable character (since he said himself once that he prefers logic to violence), and the giant-sized Clover is actually a Final Smash for the mysterious watcher in the Prologue.

Now for the script writing. OK, I know that I can't produce sounds and pictures from thin air, but MasterWarlord is right. My descriptions of each cutscene, area and fights are separated for easy viewing, and ONLY THE CHARACTERS WHO CAN SPEAK MORE THAN ONE LINE will have dialogue, so rest assured Mario, Kirby, and even Link will still remain silent protagonists. Besides, having to read loads of text blocks with no separated paragraphs make my eyes hurt.

Anyways, I'll add in the other suggested characters. Thanks for your support.

Top Bottom