• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Zelda

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I know he's using NL too much. NL is a good move. I should know, I use it all the time, but it's really punishable. you have to know when to use it and it was often not a good choice for you.

you were just making a lot of bad decisions, especially with nayru's...

but you were using nair very very well

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you both for the tips, i realised while i was watching this clip i was using it more then i normally do. I have a tend to make stupid mistakes in a lot of matches, just gotta work on fixing them I guess.

*just wondering i have clips of me using other characters, do i go to each section and post it like i did for this one or should i post somewhere else?*

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Each board should have a video thread at least, so just post in there?

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Do ppl look in them? i was gonna post this one in there but it didn't seem to active, And it seems like all the amazing players post their vids there. Guess im trying to say that watching there vids make me wanna delete mine and cry lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah! Well they should look in them! That's what they're there for ^^

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
You seemed a lot more aggressive than you needed to be, and it eventually got you into your brothers grasp. NL may be a good move but you do seem to use it a lot more than you need to. Personally I would switch out NL in the air with a neutral air while fast falling to the ground...

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you =D. Guess im still not tournament ready yet, gotta work on that. Just wondering what would i be outta 10?

As for the agressive part, i guess that comes from my melee fox. Back then i was always on the offensive and always follow ppl off the stage to shine em. Because of this i don't even kno if zelda should be my best char, zelda is more of a defensive type of character and i don' play that way. She my best as of now but i always wonder could i be alot better with a different character.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Next time you play take in mind these things people tell you and rather than just playing think about what you are doing, if you are using NL too much or if you need to use more of another move and then try and mix it up. This helped me get better habits. Just a suggestion.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yes I love this influx of Zelda advice ^^

This is exactly what we need!

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Next time you play take in mind these things people tell you and rather than just playing think about what you are doing, if you are using NL too much or if you need to use more of another move and then try and mix it up. This helped me get better habits. Just a suggestion.
I got to if i wanna get better. lol i might even right these down and put them beside when i play next time.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
One thing that helps me from going extremely aggressive and getting punished for it is by walking. In your video you didn't walk anywhere. Walking leaves you open to more move possibilities, more time to think about your next move, and it will stop you from being so aggressive since Zelda lacks good advancing moves. As someone said before, this will cause you to use your tilts, which are very strong, more. I'm not saying you should walk everywhere, but try walking more than you are. NL a little less, practice, and you'll be getting better in no time. And just to let you know, from watching your video I'd say we are about equal in skill level (I'm not going to kid myself or brag that I'm better :laugh:), and walking has helped me tremendously. Hope I could help :)

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
One thing that helps me from going extremely aggressive and getting punished for it is by walking. In your video you didn't walk anywhere. Walking leaves you open to more move possibilities, more time to think about your next move, and it will stop you from being so aggressive since Zelda lacks good advancing moves. As someone said before, this will cause you to use your tilts, which are very strong, more. I'm not saying you should walk everywhere, but try walking more than you are. NL love a little less, practice, and you'll be getting better in no time. And just to let you know, from watching your video I'd say we are about equal in skill level (I'm not going to kid myself or brag that I'm better :laugh:), and walking has helped me tremendously. Hope I could help :)
Thank you for the tip :). I will tryout this walking you speak of lol. Walking should get me to use my f-tilt more, i don't know why but i rarely use it, but i love her utilt one of my favorite killing moves. I probably should leave my aggressive style to my dedede and yoshi. Gotta work on all these things for a tournament i will possibly go to.

Top Bottom