• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Weegy needs improved

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
First of all, dash attack to up+b doesn't work. Just don't use dash attack.

You played 100% aggressive. Sometime's you have to bait your opponent with wavedashing in and out or wavelanding around platforms. Don't just blindly rush your opponent. You will get baited and punished if that is all you do.

From my first look it seems like you are still somewhat uncomfortable with Luigi's movement. I saw you dodge shield and roll at weird times when you were getting pressured. Your recovery also seemed much more panicked than precise.

Your play is a classic example of someone who worked on the fundamentals enough to be proficient with them, but doesn't seem to have the experience necessary to developer good game sense and use those techniques to their full potential. I noticed you did things like double jump on stage (makes you a LOT easier to edge guard if you get caught), approach Marth from above, and missed sweet spots and some other stuff.

Unfortunately a lot of this stuff comes with just playing the game more so just keep at it.

Your wavedashing when you weren't pressured was pretty good. You are aware of Luigi's attacks and priorities which is really useful.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is play more and try and panic less when you are pressured.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i have seen teh light......luigi's dash attack will usher in a new age.

oh i guess i should actually give useful advice. your nairs need to be fastfallen if you're giong to use them when running at the opponent, though i prefer rising nair just for punishing opponent's mistakes near me and mostly use fair/dair to approach..but i'm sure luigi mains can give you better advice. right now you should just focus on smoothness of motion, but later you should start thinking about reaching spacings hwere you can apply pressure as well as bait with reverse wavedashes.

however, i still loved seeing dash attack to up b...brought me back to my smash 64 days

Zenox

Smash Cadet
You seems somewhat hesitant. You attack and then give your opponent time to recover his bearings. Try and link more moves together/combo more (I know easier said then done). This ability will come with more practice. Also you spammed up more then you needed to which will lead to EASY punishment. Minimize your use of up-b to moments when you are virtually completely safe/know it will hit (similar to jigglys rest). And dont just do standing b's. Try to use the projectile while in air/approaching to minimize lag.

Vist

Smash Champion
Pakman pretty much nailed it w/ what I would have said if I wasn't so lazy with posting...

but yea, basically one of the biggest things you could work on is playing safer. I don't mean just approaching less, but playing safe in every aspect of the game. You can still play pretty aggressive but relatively safe at the same time.

- Space you attacks better (hit them with the tip of the move etc)
- Don't put yourself in easily punishable situations (i.e. avoid being above marth, try not to land your forward-b on the stage)
- Don't double jump back on the stage, go for the ledge instead and try to sweetspot the up-b if you have to use it. You don't have to rush back on the stage just like you shouldn't be di'ing in towards the stage or rolling inwards all the time (not saying that you did that but just as an idea)
- Punish marth's foward smash (or other strong attacks like it) by shielding it and wavedashing out of shield -> grab or something like that before they can follow-up.
- Don't use easily punishable moves like up-b randomly (kinda the same as my 2nd point)

I'm sure there's a lot that can be said but if you can afford to get some matches in with some top-level players in your region you will probably be able to see some of this stuff clear as day after a bit.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i watched a lot of l-cancel flubs. overall you didn't move quickly enough, but of course experience with fix that.

i didnt see you bair nearly enough. charging the down b on the ground when you spawn. wavedash ftilt is a staple approach, but work on your bait game too because luigi can slide very well. analyze what top luigis have been doing while work on your own style, luigi is specific and versatile/

:phone:

Top Bottom