• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My top 10 third party character choices: Rate, Comment, & Share

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I know that much, people can't help but be loyal to Simon Belmont. However, I'm a liberal (someone who likes change & new stuff) when it comes to Castlevania character. Then there are those who are conservatives (someone who likes things to stay the same & old stuff) Get where I'm comin from?

Bang_My_Tang

Smash Rookie
My personal choices are...

1. Sonic (SEGA)**

(I think he should be an obvious and immediate choice.... His basic "A" combo should be the same punch combo from the arcade "Sonic Fighters"!!!!)

2. Megaman (CAPCOM)**

3. Pacman (NAMCO)**

4. Bomberman (HUDSON SOFT)

5. Dan Hibiki [street fighter] (CAPCOM)

6. Marco Rossi [metal slug] (SNK)!!!!!!!!!

** - Mascot characters!

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
If you only knew....this dream match of the decade is going to be an epic battle to remember! It's been on my mind for quite sometime...
Yeah, although you will probably be controlling mario, who knows how good sonic will be, yea I used to argue with friends over who would win in a mario vs sonic match, now I guess we can know. (If he's included in Brawl, which I would be very suprised if he wasn't)

Bang_My_Tang

Smash Rookie
I think they need to base some of SONICS Basic attacks from SONIC FIGHTERS... like the "right jab, left jab, right punch, backhand spin punch"

Scorpionic 3:16

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'm really impartial to the Mario vs. Sonic rivaly. Both have their strong and weak points, and in all honesty, I like 'em both the same. However, if Sonic makes it (I'll be shocked if he doesn't), I hope they don't make Sonic have bad moves or something to make Mario look better.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt that, since they wont make any character look better than other, they'll try to balance the characters woth their attacks and stats, if we speak of sonic, they'll make him fast, both in running and at moves, he wouldnt have much ko power like mario, his jumping will be ok, and not to much defense, I see him as a well balanced character, except for, obcourse, the speed...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Yay Soma but if there where more 3rd party guys i would put him in but the only two im looking for is Sonic and Megaman. Really who else can be in and have a record like those two :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Personally, I'm really impartial to the Mario vs. Sonic rivaly. Both have their strong and weak points, and in all honesty, I like 'em both the same. However, if Sonic makes it (I'll be shocked if he doesn't), I hope they don't make Sonic have bad moves or something to make Mario look better.
I doubt it, then Sega would not discuss anymore business profits pertaining to the Smash series ever again. Plus, they would never let Nintendo live it down. I can't imagine Sonic being a low tier fighter.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The only moves I remember Geno doing is when he uses his arm like a b.b. gun & bullets come out of it. Also, I recall him turning into a circus cannon. If I had a video, I'd show it to you, but unfortunately, I don't. Sorry bro.

J-Red

Smash Cadet
Soma Cruz is a clown. He is no match for The Hero of Time or the pre-puberic Hero of Time. Bue I think Megaman and Sonic should def. make the cut. They both deserve it. And although I doubt it, I pray for Geno and Knuckles everyday.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And although I doubt it, I pray for Geno and Knuckles everyday.
So do I bro, so do I! Well, I want Geno in more than I do Knuckles because he's just mad chill! Are you kidding me? He's got all of these fans & all of this publicity! I just don't know how he got so popular. Before I even registered for this site, I thought that I was the only one who really supported him. Guess I was wrong...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Crono deserves to be in more than anyone named so far. He stars in one of the best RPGs to this day, I would estimate his fanbase at at least 2x that of Geno, and he's a classic character if there ever was one! Basically, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't Crono in Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Crono deserves to be in more than anyone named so far. He stars in one of the best RPGs to this day, I would estimate his fanbase at at least 2x that of Geno, and he's a classic character if there ever was one! Basically, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't Crono in Brawl.
Then why is geno in the 2nd most requested character is sakurais poll? crono was on the list by the way... I dont want crono in brawl, only sonic and megaman deserve to be in brawl, when talking about 3rd party characters...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
It was a Japanese poll, and results in America would be vastly different. The Japansese have.......odd tastes, so I wouldn't count their poll results to be even remotely similar to American poll results.

Stryks

Smash Hero
and Crono wasnt popular in japan or what? Geno is still way more popular when it comes to adding characters in smahs, he has a great fan base both here and japan, so does crono, but geno was more requested that him so u cant say he is 2x the popular that geno...

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
The only one I agree on is Nightmare. I could care less about any of the others. The ones I want are Kalas and (I know he would never get in) Cloud. ^_^

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
and Crono wasnt popular in japan or what? Geno is still way more popular when it comes to adding characters in smahs, he has a great fan base both here and japan, so does crono, but geno was more requested that him so u cant say he is 2x the popular that geno...
That is what's commonly referred to as "pure speculation" or a more common reference, "BS"

Personally, I can't see why Geno has such a big fanbase. And if I can't see it, I must assume that others can't see it either. Crono, on the other hand, radiates awesomeness, and I haven't heard, nor can I concieve, why anyone would dislike him.

I know the Japanese results, and I also know that American tastes are VASTLY different from Japanese tastes, so you can't even pretend the poll results would be remotely similar.

Stryks

Smash Hero
they would be simialir, when it comes to geno and crono, diddy and others, would still have taken the same ammount of votes in my opinion... others like dedede may have not taken such a high spot, but Im kinda glad the poll wasnt taken here, the list would be fill with naruto, dbz, master chief, FF characters-or better said square-enix characters-, and so on...

im done with crono talk, many want megaman, many want sonic more, the crono game may have been awesome, but u gotta consider popularity, and sonic and MM are the top in 3rd party suggestions...

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
I'd say Megaman and Sonic have the best chance or getting in.

Pacman, just no.... please no...

Shadow, for the love of everything still good in the world, no...

The other choices are cool, but they won't get in.

Of those mentioned I like Crono more than Geno, but I don't get a say in what charies make it in SSBB. Crono is cool, but he doesn't have quite the game lineage Sonic or Megaman do. Geno, to me seems like a dumb choice, but I am no that familiar with him so I can't say.

Edit: Could someone post a picture of Geno? I want to make sure I have the correct charie in mind.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I would prefer Crono over Megaman though. Mainly cause Megaman just seems so.. bleh. He's already been in a mix fighting game, he's not exactly brawlish. (Megaman Zero feels more brawlish, my opinion.)

Also, Chrono Trigger made a bigger hit in the world than most of the Megaman games combined, to the point where it was actually being recreated by fans in a 3D world until it was taken down by Squenix.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. I know of at least 2 full 3D remake projects that were shut down, and I'm almost certain there was at least one more.

Kirye

Smash Ace
What's funny is, the projects were shut down cause apparently Squenix was thinking of making a remake of Chrono Trigger, which of course they didn't, never thought twice, and forgot all about it, but still would not allow the fan remakes to be recreated even if they were for no profit. =/

Anyway, back on topic.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
That's not funny, that's borderline depressing :( I could be playing full 3D Chrono Trigger right now, dangit!

But yes...Back on topic...

Kirye

Smash Ace
XD Sorry, you know what I meant. o.< I'd have preferred those fan games to have been allowed too, would've been awesome to replay CT again. *Considering I just replayed it on the PSX like 2 months ago, lmao..*

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Sonic and Banjo-Kazooie are the 2 (3) people I want in Brawl for 3rd party.

Banjo-Kazooie may bemoving to Xbox now, but I think there's still a little hope, I mean.. DIddy Kong RAcing DS is coming out soon, right? Right.

Top Bottom