• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Tier List for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonn Hennings

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alpha601
Warning Received
S+::substitute: (This S+ part is supposed to be funny xD)
S: :rosalina::4palutena::4zss::4littlemac::4lucario::4yoshi:
A::4bowser::4sonic::4sheik::4link::4greninja::4diddy::4duckhunt::4lucina::4wario2::4peach::4dk::4wiifit:
B::4rob::4zelda::4marth::4mario::4fox::4villager::4ness::4falcon::4drmario::4jigglypuff::4metaknight::4tlink:
C::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4charizard::4dedede::4luigi::4falco::4gaw::4pit::4robinm::4kirby:
D::4pacman::4alph::4myfriends::4samus::4megaman::4ganondorf::4shulk::4pikachu:

Last edited:

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
Why is marth below lucina? Literally the same but can kill earlier when you are better at spacing as well as safer on shield.

D Tier is silly: Pacman, megaman and pikachu?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Way too high - Palutena

Too high - Link, Zelda, Little Mac

Too low - ROB, Robin, Pacman, Greninja

Way too low - D3, Shulk, Pika, C. Falcon

Last edited:

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
mac is too high wii fit too high

fox, falcon, charizard, megaman, pacman, pikachu too low

Folt

Smash Ace
Marth not being higher than Lucina automatically invalidates this tier list.

But really, I feel it's still too early for tier lists.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I really don't understand why people are doing this so early in the game's lifespan. There isn't enough data to construct a reasonable list. It's better to just wait for the meta game to develop.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Marth not being higher than Lucina automatically invalidates this tier list.

But really, I feel it's still too early for tier lists.
I've never understood posts like this. "Your tier list isn't as accurate as my internal one. That's exactly why it's too early for tier lists".

Lolwut

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I would have a list that has a base of which character has potential to be in what tier which would be based on his or her tools instead of guessing about who would be where.

Signia

Smash Lord
I've never understood posts like this. "Your tier list isn't as accurate as my internal one. That's exactly why it's too early for tier lists".

Lolwut
Lucina is less safe on shield than Marth, due to shieldlag, hitlag, and shield stun differences. Also, both characters must space at tip range to stay as safe as possible and take advantage of their range, but Marth does more damage on tip range, which is where they should attacking from anyway. Lucina only does 1% more damage and kills about 12% earlier on non-tippers, while Marth does 3-5% more damage and kills about 25% earlier on tippers. Speed, range, and movement are the same.

So we're already certain that Marth is better than Lucina. We're not nearly as certain about the entire list, though.

Folt

Smash Ace

Lolwut
Was gonna write up a rebuttal, but Signia said what I was going to say.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Did You forget to say Kappa after writing this Tier list or?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
If it's possible to tell that Marth is better than Lucina, then it is possible to make a tier list with some amount of value to it. It's one or the other. I don't care if you want to insist it's too early to judge some characters worse than others or insist that you have an accurate judgment on some of the characters this early, it's one or the other.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Why are we trying to post tier lists this early? Remember when Zelda was high tier in the first few months of Brawl?
Two reasons - one is that tier lists function as a snapshot of the meta, not a power level assumption. It is interesting to see how the meta develops. Which leads me to point two, which is that it is good to have these initial impressions and get a tier list out as soon as possible, so that we can watch how it evolves over time.

I DO remember when Zelda was ranked highly in the first months of brawl. No one would remember that unless the pioneers of the day roughed out a list.

Remember, we are looking at the meta, not trying to steer or assume it.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
This list isn't reflective of our current meta however.
We legitmately have multiple characters who aren't really even appearing on a competitive level yet or have just barely begun to. Many who have just barely begun to aren't performing to all that (at the moment). Paletuna? Her strength is rather hypothetical right now as far as the meta goes because she's honestly not in the meta.

If we're just reflecting that then Pit would be certainly have a higher standing given we've seen him quite a few times, so have we seen Megaman and we've gotten some shocking Ganon play on top of that.

If this is a snap shot of Smash4 now...it makes zero sense. If this is a guess at Smash4's future or the objective strength of the characters. It's seriously questionable.

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
This list isn't reflective of our current meta however.
We legitmately have multiple characters who aren't really even appearing on a competitive level yet or have just barely begun to. Many who have just barely begun to aren't performing to all that (at the moment). Paletuna? Her strength is rather hypothetical right now as far as the meta goes because she's honestly not in the meta.
Yeah this list isn't the greatest, but I was responding to the notion that no lists ought to be conceived right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom