• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My terrible Ganon. Rate him.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
An online fight from awhile go, definitely not a superflattering fight, but I think I have some decent stuff in there. I'd rather post a bad vid and get critiques out of it rather than a good vid with little to nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOxAalA46gY

Don't mind the jumping every minute mark, digital cam only records a minute of video...

I know I make some pretty bad mistakes, like fastfalling during that first stock and failing to stop myself from Gerudoing as an approach.

....It got a little FOGgy at the end.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I HATE the fact that any fool can spot dodge Side B once they figure it out.

I'm not claiming to have a good ganon, but I am pretty good on mindgames in general. Usually what happens then is they get super-spot-dodge-spammy when you're close.

So throwing out a good, long lasting hitbox like wiz kick can do wonders.

If they're at too low a percent to use that, then the delay from F smash can usually actually hit them if you time it even a little bit right. they're ready to dodge a side B or a down tilt, but the delay on F smash hits them right when they come out of the dodge.

Or you could, you know, try to time the Side B where it will get them. But that sucks to do, man. Don't try it like me, lolz.

This is going off the fact that he spot dodged many of your side B's, of course. that's what I felt like I wanted to rant about today.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments, guys. I did pretty much stop using Gerudo because he was being a dodgy prick, he was like that for a lot of the games I played him in. I've started using Gerudo more often since this fight at least, Gerudo -> Dair at least once or twice before they catch on.

And yeah, that double Dair offstage was stupid of me. I shouldn't have tried to chase him offstage in the first place, really.

I'll try to post more videos if I remember to snag them. And MoblinMan, Colorado represent!! I need to start going to CO tournaments.

Top Bottom