• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My team sucks mk 3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gengar is running Brightpower. Why.

Blaziken really wants Fire Punch. The offset of 10 base power for 10 accuracy is more important, especially if you're getting enough Swords Dances to smash everything.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i toyed with a bunch of stuff for gar, but found bp to actually save his hide much more often than i thought...

anywho, i'll try out fire punch :)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think you meant focus blast on gengar

sub gengar is an animal, give him leftovers and once he gets a sub up, he straight up ***** everything, he's quite possibly the best user of substitute in the game, he has perfect coverage and you can either use pain split, thunderbolt, or HP fire in the final slot

seriously, substitute gengar is a beast

politoad is easy to deal with, he's a mediocre pokemon with an incredible ability, that's really the only reason to use him
kingdra is the problem, you have stuff that can keep it away from battle but because of his typing and ability, he's quite bulky and cannot be outrun, cloyster should not be your lead as he is your best check to kingdra, unless it's the choice specs set (he could survive one draco meteor...possibly but only at close to full health), kingdra is just an animal in the rain like doryuuzu is in the sand, your best bet is to change the weather but your team is not designed for weather at all...which is problematic

your best bet is to switch blaziken for ninetails and switch landlos for exeggutor i guess but i don't really know

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, Gar has FB, but the issue I had whan I had him ubbed is that I had no way to ever keep him subbed long enough to do anything... esp against the likes of Roob/etc

mood4food77

Smash Hero
once you have a sub up, you are pretty much guaranteed to get two attacks in, which will pretty much kill any opposing pokemon

JOE!

Smash Hero
allrighty...

so I'll switch back to sub, and keep hp fire or Tbolt?

also, if I am to take cloyster out of lead position, who should take his spot?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So can someone explain to me why Landlos has EP > EQ?

JOE!

Smash Hero
EP is stronger with Encourage and most things weak to ground also have lower spec def

JOE!

Smash Hero
Double post but w/e....

replaced latios (have gengar and Landlos to hit specially, and CLoyster deals ice) with lead aerodactyl, who works alot better than I thought... however I'm finding that rock slide apparently misses more than stone edge ever did for me on both Aero and Landlos... what gives?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
95 acc hates you, that's all.

SPACIAL MISS

ROCK MISS

OTHER 95 ACC MISS

In other news...

I should've read up on this thread to correct M4F.

Why lead Aero when basically everything it can do Deo-S does better? It can taunt, SR, and even use Spikes/Screen as other options, can hit hard with Boltbeam, and is bulkier.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
ScarfLatios.

Latios already hits hard enough. And its not like that Draco Meteor is going to kill a nattorei even after the boost.

Plus you need some speed. Any positive base 115's will run ova you. Scarfchomp will tear you to bits and you need atleast ONE answer to him. Latios is best with Scarf.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I have cloyster for dragons, none of em can come in vs him when he carries ice shard (esp after a shell smash)

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Cloyster is kind of fragile.
Blah blah blah 180 Def. Since when was the last time I hit a water type with a physical move?

There is still no point in putting a choice specs on him lol.

Top Bottom