• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My story | I love Falco

Robiin

Smash Cadet
I started playing this game about a month ago, no probably more. Anyway, I started playing as Diddy Kong. He didn't feel like a good character to start with, with his advanced mindgame bananas aso. Then I tried Toon Link, and it clicked. For about a week. Then i got tired of him, almost everyone i faced played him, and it got boring. Then I switched back and forth between T Link & Diddy. Until now.

I tried Falco for the first time two days ago. It just clicked, and I'm totally hooked. I've been checking out some "adv strats" for him, and he just keeps getting better. Iv'e played him for two days, and for the first time, today I fought my first online game with him. I totally owned my opponent (which is actually quite good at the game), in the first game it was quite even. In the second game, I three-stocked his Marth.

I don't know how, but after training vs CPUs for two days, I played against a good marth, and beat him. That's love.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell someone lulz :) Do't hate plx

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
lol, falco is fun. cant deny that. i actually started maining as samus(since i mained as samus in melee) and i was actually pretty good with samus, but this new samus was to different. i cant stand the new samus, just isnt my playing style anymore so i switched to falco and i love falco(btw, falco was my secondary in previous game)

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Wait till you play with him for three weeks, it will become boring as hell. Right now you seem to be in his "love" phase. You'll hit a point where you can't actually get much better with him and then you can only work on mind-games and awesome spacing which is very hard to improve. Thus, he becomes boring because it becomes extremely hard to improve him and becomes boring. Unless your hardcore smasher and you'll play non-stop 10 hours. But yeah I've played him to the point where I know him at the back of my hand... or maybe I just have to go to training mode again..

During week days I barely even play...

Wiierd

Smash Cadet
I started using Falco because he has fairly strong specials that hit at a range of distances. It's also easy to play mindgames with him, and you can constantly tack on % to your opponent with the Hop/Jump/DJump+lazer blasts. His reflector is definately the best of all the space animals as well.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
My mains, and Falco

Wait till you play with him for three weeks, it will become boring as hell. Right now you seem to be in his "love" phase. You'll hit a point where you can't actually get much better with him and then you can only work on mind-games and awesome spacing which is very hard to improve. Thus, he becomes boring because it becomes extremely hard to improve him and becomes boring. Unless your hardcore smasher and you'll play non-stop 10 hours. But yeah I've played him to the point where I know him at the back of my hand... or maybe I just have to go to training mode again..

During week days I barely even play...
First off, I'm quite sparse with my character selection in Brawl. If I were to state mains, It'd be Sheik, Falco, and the Ice Climbers, in no particular order. In reality, I'm naturally better with Sheik, as I use to play her religiously in Melee, and as such, I've adapted nicely to her Brawl adaptation. Falco also comes more naturally, as he fits my style. The Ice Climbers are probably my favorite characters, it's just, they are my weakest main at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I've come along way, but I'm not quite there yet.

As for Falco, he's great, and gets the job done. I can't help but realize how fun it is to play him. His shine is godly, sure it doesn't combo in the same sense that it did in Melee, but then again, everything is different from Melee. His shine is amazing, it makes enemy advancement near impossible. The fact that it works as a projectile, and at the same time a physical attack (it can 't be reflected) makes it amazing.

I've been playing this game since it's midnight release on March 9th, I've played Falco a ton since then and can say that I haven't grown tired of him. Maybe this is because I vary my character selection, as if I were to strictly choose Falco I may grow tired... but he's definitely fun to use.

Spacing is important with every character, obviously, so practicing will definitely improve spacing. For a character like Marth spacing is essential to his tipper, more obviously so than it is for other characters.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
aw, that is so sweet. good for you! :)

you and thousands of other people! but no, clearly you're special. so special, you deserved to make a thread about it and your little story about your hardships playing other characters, and you showed yourself the light by finding a character that clicked with you.

click!

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
Lol I can't tell if jaco is trying to be a jerk or hes being sincere... But anyway back to falco...

As much as I really want to main falco in this game, they changed him so drastically from melee (in which he was my main for 2 years) that I feel like I will never fully be able to appreciate him in brawl with the lack of combos or shffl or pillaring. I try to play him but it just feels so empty :\

Top Bottom